Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

“He's very much a part of what we’re doing,” Rodgers said. “I’ve been delighted with Dennis. I pulled him and had a chat with him Friday morning to tell him how well he’s done over pre-season.

Brendan gave him a tug and all's well it seems

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't think it'd be a direct replacement tho. 

I think praet will play right of wilf and kdh left of wilf, so 2 x paler versions of youri (paler talent I meant, not referring to skin tone!)....then Madders/ Vards/Iheanacho (til Barnes gets back) up front ....4 3 1 2 formation 

Our width is gonna have to come from full backs, with praet and kdh filling in when the respective full back bombs on

lol  … I’m glad you qualified that 

Used to think he was all huffing and puffing with no real effect on games, but I also remember the Belgians linking up and looking great with good understanding and runs for each other. So hoping to see Praet and Castagne making the right flank their own this season if we are not getting a new shiny right winger.

• Like 1

Let's not forget he plays for the Belgium national team at times with Youri and the competition for a squad place is just ridiculous for a footballing nation like Belgium. 

I was impressed with his wing play V Sevilla. He might not have the raw pace of Barnes but he certainly is more football intelligent. A ball he played over for Daka was just sensational and he also displayed some nice neat step overs. 

• Like 4

Amidst all the cheerleading let’s not forget that the reason he was sent out on loan to Torino was that he was bang average for us.

If the spell back in Italy has reignited his desire to be a success in the Premier League, which his encouraging pre-season form suggests, then that is great news, because the talent is obviously there.

Should he succeed in delivering the goods repeatedly for us this season, it will be a massive bonus - akin to a new signing. But the jury is still very much out…

• Like 1

Happy days! 

Satisfied with this as it shows Rodgers has perhaps learnt to leave the past with Praet behind and also Praet can be valuable for us. 

The other plus is that this means we don't have to seek to buy someone in midfield and can strengthen elsewhere. 

I hope it is true that Praet is valued here and wants to show us what he can do. I suspect he'll play that inverted right mid position. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Amidst all the cheerleading let’s not forget that the reason he was sent out on loan to Torino was that he was bang average for us.

If the spell back in Italy has reignited his desire to be a success in the Premier League, which his encouraging pre-season form suggests, then that is great news, because the talent is obviously there.

Should he succeed in delivering the goods repeatedly for us this season, it will be a massive bonus - akin to a new signing. But the jury is still very much out…

He went on loan because he wanted game time. Tielemans form at that time mostly kept him out of the side and relegated him to bit-part appearances. Don't think he's ever had an extended run in the side, but more than happy to admit I'm wrong. 

• Like 3

I don't think Praet's best position is on the right, but I'm intrigued at the idea of him as an inverted RW on the same eleven as Youri, Maddison and KDH.  That gives us a lot of craftiness and general nous in the playmaking department.

I quite like Praet and think he’s a good player, but I’m not taking these comments on face value. There’s a lot of brinkmanship going on and maybe these comments are directed at any suitors for him to say … you ain’t getting him cheap, we don’t have to throw him out the door, now pay what he’s worth or he stays.

That’s how I’m interpreting the comments at this point, let’s see what happens up to the end of the transfer window …