Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

The Fofana Situation

The Wesley Fofana Situation  

331 members have voted

1. 1. How should the club handle it?

• Sell for what Chelsea are offering, and get rid ASAP and move on.
    • Hold out for our asking price (looks to be 85million) and risk not selling him.
    • Don't sell at all, it's too late in the window and Chelsea and the player are taking the piss.
    • Other (Pearson style headbutt etc.) please specify below.

Wait until we have a club that meets his valuation. He's on a 5 year contract so we hold all the aces.

If he grumbled then make him train with the Under 21s. But in doing so he probably ruins his world cup chances so will inevitably say sorry and come back into the fold. I'm sure we'd need and want a player of his calibre so we'll have a good Defender back.

And then sell him next Summer or in January.

• Like 2

Hold out make him suffer and sell for +85 next summer. He will have no choice but still play out his skin in hope for a French call up to World Cup.

Even if we sell him we wouldn’t re invest but the looks of things anyway.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

We've played our hand by making it blindingly obvious we won't deal unless we get a world record.

Ultimately we could have asked for £70m, still have the whole of the footballing world telling us what an unbelievable deal we got, had 2 weeks in the transfer market and been in a much better position by now.

Given we've made it clear that £80+m is the price then we can't accept less.

• Like 4

Hold out for the fee we want. If we wants an elite club, they have to pay an elite club fee.

If they baulk at £80m for him, he's gotta ask why they're offering £60m for Anthony Gordon. Do Chelsea really want him enough?

If he doesn't go, maybe has another few weeks off to get his head right before coming back and challenging himself to continue the form that attracted an elite club in the first place. Who knows, he may end up getting a move to Real out of it.

I can't see us keeping him, I just think he'll be toxic now amongst the squad and the fan base, Rodgers is sensibly keeping him away from the squad and is right to be calling him out in his press conferences.

I expect we'll come to an agreement to sell him for more than Chelsea's previous offer and our asking price, although I fully expect it to go right down to the transfer window closing.

• Like 2

Hold out for asking price. We hold the leverage here. 

Selling him wouldn’t really fix our FFP wage woes this summer. A replacement (or 2) might be on similar wages.

Plus, clubs go through this every summer. Eventually the players gets over it and decides to play.

• Like 2

Chelsea have a hard on for the £60mill ballpark figure. . Cucarella, Gordon, Fofana. So the obvious solution is to give them what they want. 

However! The Fofana deal must be preceded by a "Surprise" offer of the same value for Soumare*. They can pretend he's a Tuchel favourite! So we can get £120mill the pair. That'll work.

*alternatives are available.

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I voted other.

Id take out a prime time tv add with photos of Fofana playing (in a Leicester kit), they’d be shown along to the tune liquidator, that chelsea walk out to, then when it gets right to he very end they’d be a blank royal blue background and the words “**** off chelsea” in white, before fading onto an image of Danial Armarty wiping his arse with the chelsea pennant. 

You've given this some serious consideration I see 😅