Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

dream deadline day (realistic only)

10 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I honestly believe there is a massive disconnect between Brendan and the club as to the profile of players and recruitment policy. I think the club want to return to the buy young hungry prospects and sell at a profit, whereas Brendan wants to buy ready made established  players who will command higher wages and have limited sell on value. 

I think the club are cutting their cloth but also withholding funds ready for the next couple of windows that will likely be led by a new manager, who buys into the clubs strategy. 

I wouldn’t be surprised following the cleverly selected wording explaining the sacking of Scott Parker if we don’t use similar to justify our reasoning for letting Rodgers go over the coming weeks. 

I agree with you. I think the board are withholding some funds from Rodgers due to then no longer trusting him…. Just look at last seasons assets? One has disappeared, one is absolute bollocks and is refusing to leave, Soumare still shakes like a shitting dog on match day, and Daka is still playing in his slippers. 

Either way, they can’t be impressed with how Brendan has handled the squad recently. I think he is likely to be gone by Villa.

• Like 1

I honestly think the club has possibly one day to save the season, it's that major. If we don't get one or two quality players in that can change the mood, change the course of our season, then we are in massive trouble of relegation. I am firmly in belief that Top is being over careful. 100m training ground and now stadium expansion on top of large net spend last summer, plus the very real possibility we have to find 10m plus to sack Brendan in the coming weeks. Fofana sale was not planned or accounted for, and probably not for the fee we've got either, we've been truly screwed over by a little greedy baby who couldn't have possibly spent another season here after playing just 30 odd games. His behaviour has forced us to sell. We probably expected Youri and a few others to have gone too, but hasn't happened. I'm sure that we aren't in financial trouble, or our owners are, as we wouldn't be planning such a large stadium expansion. 

But and this is a big but, we are in disarray due to bad coaching, poor confidence, game.management, and with the fixtures ahead, we need a change of something. Someone mentioned Adama Traore, this kind of signing can just make a huge difference, wouldn't cost the earth, yet would provide us with a right winger with pace who can affect a game. Perez or Albrighton can't do this. We have to make the opposition scared again, make them think. We are too easy and soft to play against. Get some signings in, please God, even if its more than we planned to spend, just do it to save our season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Tanner reporting we were after ismaila sarr and dendonker but can't do either and it will be loans 

Would love to have Sarr he - he has been on fire this season so far.  Unfortunately I don’t see it happening.

You would hope Glover has some names he can throw at us, he has done wonders at Southampton.  Youngest Team in the EPL currently.  But never mind we will bring in Craig Dawson and Gary Cahill.

The Recruitment Team are under the spot light now.  

As others said….Lacroix please.

I really would love for us to somehow pry Sarr from Watford but unless we play a blinder and free up funds from the dross that we haven’t budged in months…looking very unlikely.

Serious question - if the KP are that skint, is it arrogance/ignorance that they’re not seeking external investment? 

50 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Problem is who is going to let their quality RW leave this late in the window without a replacement. We'll only be able to get the scraps.

Swap deal and a couple of £m with One of ours we’re trying to offload ? 😉

Edited by justfoxes

Faes

Boga

Bowler

Another centre back

That's not the most exciting but it would fill the gaps and wouldn't cost too much. Would obviously love a Madueke/Tsygankov type on the right with Bowler backing that up, along with Lacroix/Tapsoba as a more exciting centre back but seems that we won't spend £20m+ on a player even if we make some more money.

In...

Faes - £15m

Diallo (Loan)

Garner (Loan)

Bowler - £4m

Matheus Periera - £20m

Out...

Tielemans - £20m

Fofana -£70m

Vestergaard - £10m

Perez - Free

Praet - Loan

That gives us...

Two options to find a partner for Evans.

Two options in finding a starting RWer with Bowler and Periera.

Depth in cover for Barnes and Maddison in Periera.

A straight replacement for Tielemans in Garner who may be more suited to playing alongside KDH in a CM 2 with Maddison ahead of them. This may also suit Soumare if we can find his role in the team. 

• Like 1

Given the lateness of movement

In 

Faes (£15m)

Harit (loan with option)

Boga (loan with option)

Alban Lafont (£20m)

Todibo (loan with option)

Out 

Youri (£20m)

Cags (£15m)

Fofana (£70m)

Praet (loan)

Hirst (loan)

Perez (free)

Quite underwhelming but realistic at the same time, Lafont is an achievable move,  Faes is pretty much done and so is Harit by all accounts. 

I think we have to have a sense of realism as fans here, yes we should

be identifying better players but we don’t have the finance to do so, offset some money, stick with what we have plus additions, then go again in January. 

Edited by SB87_LCFC