Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

dream deadline day (realistic only)

Go on then lads, perfect realistic deadline day for us. Who would be your incomings 

2x cb - faes sound already done but my second spot would be for Tapsoba loan to buy.  

Youri out for 25,   Aour in for 15m 

Then it’s probably no surprise that my final piece would be Benjamin Bourigeaud for 10m 

Big profit, but a reduction to our wage bill overall. 

Any other deadweight out the club would be a boost. 

• Like 3

Just now, MPH said:

I don’t mean to be a boblet but why are you saying dream deadline day and then say realistic only?

you don’t have realistic dreams? 

I dream of going to hawaii, its a very plausible dream. I dream of being a billionaire, not so realistic. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

So we can only spend 23m of fofana money. Of which 15 on faes so interesting to see what winger we get for 8m 

Isn't that assuming nobody else leaves? I.e. Praet, Perez, Soumare? Seems mental we are haggling over £2m with Torino given the state we are in

I see two likely scenarios depending on how much the club have faith in Rodgers and/or how drastic they think the situation is. 

Scenario A: 

Fofana out, Faes in, RW in on loan.

Scenario B:

Fofana out, Faes in, bank the rest and wait. 

I think it's significant that with the world cup pausing the season this will be one of the most impactful January transfer windows since transfer windows existed and I can see a lot of January business being done this year (globally.) If we see option B then I honestly think this is the closest we'll get to the board confirming Rodgers is on thin ice and they aren't willing to spend too much money, even on loans, until he proves himself or goes. He'll be expected to make do with Perez and Albrighton down the right. 

Scenario A seems slightly more likely given its consistent with our last two years. 

Scenario C is that we have our busiest deadline day in years. I think this is more possible than it's been since we've been back in the Prem tbh. Deadline day is often pretty boring for us (14 seconds aside.)

But it's still possible that any of Soyuncu, Praet, Soumaré, Tielemans or Perez could go out and most of them would need to be replaced. 

So my dream realistic deadline day Scenario C would probably be:

Fofana out, Faes in, Tielemans out for about 22m, Aouar in for about 15m, RW permanent in for about 15/20m someone low key and off the radar in the same way Faes was. Finally, Praet out on loan with an obligation to buy around 7-12ish. Probably about 10.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Tanner reporting we were after ismaila sarr and dendonker but can't do either and it will be loans 

Loans are fine with me for this season. If we only make one signing we are going to regret it, we need more options. We are already bottom of the table and could already be adrift by Monday.

• Like 2