Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

From what I've seen of them, Castagne is about the only Belgian that can go home with his head held high. Been really poor across the pitch.

Castagne should keep running there methinks :P

Martinez deserves to be shot in all fairness.

Isn't that taking 'fired' a bit far? :P 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

Belgium should be ashamed of themselves. Roberto Martinez especially. Set them up far too defensively and unnecessarily so.

Has hindered all of the attacking talent on show. Pretty much set them up to fail.

As for Lukaku, it could have been so different given his chances but Belgium could have made it much easier for themselves.

The energy and approach was just wrong from the start.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Good for us. None of our Belgian players injured, all coming home early, all pretty well rested only Castagne got a fair few minutes. They've got enough time to get over it when they back and put it behind them. 

Do you think they'll go straight to Abu Dhabi to join up with the rest of the squad? Not sure how long the other players are there for, mind.

Can't get on board with the 'only played 30 mins' stick from Shearer as a defence for Lukaku.

They're easy chances for any striker to score. 

He's playing for a reason - to score goals. Even half-fit, he's in the right places to score the goals. 

You can make an allowance for some rustiness, but these are piss-easy chances. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've never understood how we went from a trial period, where it was largely a shambles, to it being a permanent fixture.

So much of football is subjective. I've said this for years but officials disagree with each other on decisions, it's often an officials own interpretation of an incident. So inconsistency is a total inevitability, as proven by the last few years where we've had it. Basically the cons outweigh the pros and they're always going to. They will keep changing the rules to try and suit it but I really hope one day they just accept it's never going to be perfect. But sadly I fear we're stuck with this forever.

I think they overuse it to justify the mad amount that it costs to run.

It's just ruined football as a spectacle on tv. You can't cheer goals and you're always on edge wondering what they're going to drag up. The standard is gash but I'd rather watch a championship match than a Premier league match purely for that reason.

• Like 1