Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pliskin

Who was Brendan talking to in the summer?

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

what might be a better question to ask Is “ is the fact we seem to be preparing  to do business in January an admission of guilt that we made the wrong decision not to do business  in the summer?”

I mean we obviously had some financial issues going into the summer as it turned out. All the talk about us actually doing business in January only started when Brendan had turned it around which is fair enough

47 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I mean we obviously had some financial issues going into the summer as it turned out. All the talk about us actually doing business in January only started when Brendan had turned it around which is fair enough

weve secured loans on future payments of the Fofana deal.  That could easily have been done in the summer.

10 hours ago, MPH said:

weve secured loans on future payments of the Fofana deal.  That could easily have been done in the summer.

The Fofana deal wasn’t sealed until very late in the window— I’m not sure how easy it would have been to secure a loan of that size before the money was guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd imagine Levi Colwill and Charles De Ketelaere were the two he tried to convince. Maybe Kokcu of Feyenord as the Tielemans replacement.

I think the club expected Tielemans to go for 25-40m and then we'd reinvest that into some of the players above.

I’d forgotten about Colwill, strange that he’s got so little playing time at Brighton. Although, I guess they already have a reliable defensive unit. I’d be interested in going back in for him in the summer.

13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I’d forgotten about Colwill, strange that he’s got so little playing time at Brighton. Although, I guess they already have a reliable defensive unit. I’d be interested in going back in for him in the summer.

he would've cost the same or more than Wout - I know which I'd prefer