Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

England Vs France - Saturday 10th Dec - 19:00

This is the big one, for me though france are far from unbeatable… their main source is Mbappe and they struggle on the other side to create much. With Walker we kind of have a player that matches up well and could handle him. England have shown to be far more dynamic when coming forward, we are capable of attacking from every side. 

• Haha 1

I thought France v Poland was an odd game. Tbf, I thought Poland, in parts played well. But sometimes France looked slow. Don’t get me wrong, their goals were good and they look dangerous, but looked slow in the build up at times and rash at the back. 

Tough game to call and certainly depends what England turns up, but they’re not World champions by fluke. Just don’t want to give them opportunities like we gave Senegal. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

I’m going out on a limb here and say that England could go up another gear or two which is frightning. The big question is can they summon those powers on the big day. Given the confidence in the camp they have no fear I bet they will give France one heck of a run for their money.

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

ENGLAND SO FAR

- 380’+ of football

- about 90’ of good football

- draws against USA and Wales  :mellow:

- victories against Iran and a 2/3-strength Senegal  :mellow:

- more chance of seeing Halley's comet than James Maddison

I’ll be watching this one with my mate and his young English girlfriend.

Convince me to get on board.

England so far.JPG

Why did you have to bring her nationality into it? People can’t help but categorise these days :ph34r:

It all comes down to this. 
All the rest is talk and speculation. 
England HAVE had a nice run so far. But you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Bellingham has shone, we’ve scored lots of goals and have periods of games where we’ve looked clueless, to then suddenly turn it around in a blink.

But can we beat France? Southgate knows his legacy pretty much rests on this match. When faced with a properly good side, have we got the minerals to turn them over? Our group… relatively easy. Senegal - rubbish when they went a goal down.

But France? Different gravy altogether. 
All comes down to Saturday. 

7 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is the big one, for me though france are far from unbeatable… their main source is Mbappe and they struggle on the other side to create much. With Walker we kind of have a player that matches up well and could handle him. England have shown to be far more dynamic when coming forward, we are capable of attacking from every side. 

Have you watched France?  Mbappe and Dembele.  Both, quick tricky wingers our slow defence will struggle to cope.

I'm just laughing at the notion that France have no threat on the right and Walker can "handle Mbappe".

Any team that can score like England have a chance in any match, and it's not as if France are impenetrable at the back.  It's possible - 2-3 times out of 10, maybe.  But I've been saying since the beginning that France is the favorite until they give you a reason to believe otherwise - and they haven't.  They look the best team in thee tournament, but the best team doesn't always win.

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Win this and it’s coming home. 

Well perhaps, but we then have to likely beat Portugal or more likely Spain and then the small matter of Argentina or Brazil.

If it does come home, we'll certainly deserve it all the big dogs aside from Germany are there.

Not like 2018 when we can fall past Colombia, Sweden and fall to Croatia.

The parallels to 2018 are so startling I'm amazed at the likes of Phil Mcnulty screaming that Southgate's critics are wrong. 

You've bulldozed some rubbish, looked wonky against the only half decent team you've played and run up the goal difference by beating some minnows. 

Foden and Bellingham definitely make a big difference to four years ago absolutely but let's be honest, a team with France's finishing would have been 2-0 up yesterday before England even got a sniff. 

Comfortably the biggest test of Southgate's England career. If you win this he genuinely will have answered a lot of his critics and even I'd have to admit you'd probably be the favourite to win the whole thing. I think Argentina and Brazil have both largely flattered to deceive. Definitely think a European team will win this wc. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Normally I’m very positive as a person but I just can’t get up for this - the thought of Pickford, Walker, Grealish et al arriving back home as “heroes” doesn’t sit right. Am I the only one? 
PS don’t shoot me! 

Why does the thought of the England team returning home as hero's not sit right with you lol

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The parallels to 2018 are so startling I'm amazed at the likes of Phil Mcnulty screaming that Southgate's critics are wrong. 

You've bulldozed some rubbish, looked wonky against the only half decent team you've played and run up the goal difference by beating some minnows. 

Foden and Bellingham definitely make a big difference to four years ago absolutely but let's be honest, a team with France's finishing would have been 2-0 up yesterday before England even got a sniff. 

Comfortably the biggest test of Southgate's England career. If you win this he genuinely will have answered a lot of his critics and even I'd have to admit you'd probably be the favourite to win the whole thing. I think Argentina and Brazil have both largely flattered to deceive. Definitely think a European team will win this wc. 

Which teams have France flattened again?