Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

42 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Way to much money imo, if the post further up about him only starting 7 games? is the case I personally wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. 

We cannot afford to be paying that for a player who clearly has real issues with staying fit.

It would be farcical . 

...might as well bring in Madueke, for less!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We don't have a lot of money but have bid £34m? 

At least its a winger, but how much money would it leave for other positions? 

No one has a clue how much money we have

clubs know that we have £70m from fofana’s deal but we are trying to set the narrative that we don’t have that to spend ….. rodgers coming out late dec and saying we have deals to do didn’t help that.  He’s on message now …….

8 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

I thought we'd missed the boat with him.

..signed a new contract when we thought he were on the verge of bringing him in!!!

As you know, contracts mean very little and plays into the hands of the club that owns his contract.  If Madueke feels there is an opportunity to leave then there is little his club can do, but increase his fee as previously they would  have got less.

Transfer Market had him at 15m euros, would gladly take that if offered.

His contract expires 2025 and was signed August 2021.

• Like 1

Owynn had the guy who wrote the footballitalia article on his podcast and he confirmed we’ve had a bid turned down, but then again he’s only got like 2k followers and followed by no one reputable, so is he the best source? I doubt it. €50-€60m seems very excessive also.

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30M. It's a lot of money for a player at his peak who averages 25 games a season and a goal in every 4. 

We need a player on the right up front who has pace, aged 20-23, a goal every 2/3 games and can hold the ball up. We have no threat on the right at all in Perez and Albrighton. This restricts our right sided full backs who connect get forward to support the right winger  as they cannot hold the ball up.

35 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Owynn had the guy who wrote the footballitalia article on his podcast and he confirmed we’ve had a bid turned down, but then again he’s only got like 2k followers and followed by no one reputable, so is he the best source? I doubt it. €50-€60m seems very excessive also.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we have to be looking for a relative bargain here. €34M is a huge outlay for us and would be a big sale even during a financial boon, but the player is possibly unsettled, Fiorentina aren’t thrilled with his rehab priorities and might be convinced to sell at a discount. You can’t really blame Gonzalez for how the rehab went, he would have been a guarantee for the Argentina WC squad, plus there is chatter that Fiorentina rushed his return and may have caused an injury setback.

We’ve all been there, we’re not actively seeking to by the latest and shiniest new thing but then we see that it’s marked down by 40% and suddenly we can’t miss the opportunity to buy it. Hey, if Fiorentina play hardball, then at least we tried and have other targets (if you believe the reports).

I know we all have concerns with his injuries but, c’mon, the dude’s a player. I know a lot of folks here don’t regularly watch Italian football but let’s use some common sense, how many attacking players do we have right now who’d easily get into the Argentina side?

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, The_77 said:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we have to be looking for a relative bargain here. €34M is a huge outlay for us and would be a big sale even during a financial boon, but the player is possibly unsettled, Fiorentina aren’t thrilled with his rehab priorities and might be convinced to sell at a discount. You can’t really blame Gonzalez for how the rehab went, he would have been a guarantee for the Argentina WC squad, plus there is chatter that Fiorentina rushed his return and may have caused an injury setback.

We’ve all been there, we’re not actively seeking to by the latest and shiniest new thing but then we see that it’s marked down by 40% and suddenly we can’t miss the opportunity to buy it. Hey, if Fiorentina play hardball, then at least we tried and have other targets (if you believe the reports).

I know we all have concerns with his injuries but, c’mon, the dude’s a player. I know a lot of folks here don’t regularly watch Italian football but let’s use some common sense, how many attacking players do we have right now who’d easily get into the Argentina side?

I agree totally. Our scouting and recommendations on recruitment need to alter. We're going to have to take more risks if we are now trying to shop in the £5-15m price bracket. To be honest, we've not had any marked improvement on recruitment since we've tended to go for players in their early to mid twenties that have already had their move to a decent but ultimately inferior league than ours, rather than us get them when they are even more unproven.

It's difficult, as the work permit rules now make it hard for us to get these raw diamonds but that's why it's frustrating we've made no attempt to tap in to the South American Market where vastly talented young players can be picked up for £5-15m.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree totally. Our scouting and recommendations on recruitment need to alter. We're going to have to take more risks if we are now trying to shop in the £5-15m price bracket. To be honest, we've not had any marked improvement on recruitment since we've tended to go for players in their early to mid twenties that have already had their move to a decent but ultimately inferior league than ours, rather than us get them when they are even more unproven.

It's difficult, as the work permit rules now make it hard for us to get these raw diamonds but that's why it's frustrating we've made no attempt to tap in to the South American Market where vastly talented young players can be picked up for £5-15m.

PREACH!

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So many teams are scouting South America baffles me how we ain’t 

• Like 1

Well we all knew mahrez was a lightweight before bringing him in and even though the costs might be on the high side initially I think this guys talents are clearly there to see and as others have pointed out towards his injury record it isn't that bad in comparison to others.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Where's Anderson Perry when you need him?