Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Second week in a row where we've lost abjectly and within an hour we've had one of our better sources 'link' us to a player rather than confirm anything is close. Makes you think.

The way that romano and schira seem to have tweeted it almost exactly at the same time makes it seem like it was sent out to the media. or very possibly that schira is copying again 😂

Watched him played ith Argentina many times. He gets in great positions, is quick, and always pops up in  or around the box, but he's been wasteful with his finishing. Theres been countless of times where someone put a nice ball in, and it was Nico who was on the other end of it, but the chance was missed. Still young though, and I remember that was the issue with Harvey Barnes at first, so with more experience hopefully he can become something good for Leicester. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Seems to more of a left winger or even a centre forward than a right winger? Although I’m sure I saw a journalist mention we’d be going for a centre forward as well as a right winger? So maybe Perez and Kel are off??

He plays all of the forward positions. There are plenty of games where he’s played on the right side.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmmmm another winger I'm torn on, I shouldn't be feeling this way when all I've done for the last few years on here is bollock the club for not signing wingers.

@moore_94 will be delighted, he's regularly championed Gonzalez. @kingfox I think has done too and both these lads tend to be a bit more measured and considered in their scouting and research than me.

The main reasons I've never really considered Gonzalez is a) the perceived fee he'd have cost pre injuries and b) he's in that age bracket of players that got their move to a decent club and not really been sensational enough that it suggests he's got much higher in him to go.

That doesn't mean he won't improve but the risk / reward of younger and more unproven players is obvious.

As a player he's not going to come up on searches as an out and out right winger, hes versatile that he plays anywhere across the front three. I don't mind that, his stats when he has played RW are decent enough. I like his mentality, he's got some fire bubbling away inside him which can't be said about a good chunk of our squad. He's also very strong in thr air for a wide forward which would be a bonus and he's good on the ball at beating players, something else we struggle with.

Let me just rewind that back, he is very good in the air. We'd actually have a forward who we could, at times, deploy through the middle when we need to do something different. We launch enough balls in the box when chasing games and never have a player who can disrupt a set defence.

I liken his forward play to Barnes, as in he's a good finisher but not a natural finisher. They both are extremely wasteful, not Ayoze Perez wasteful but there'll be plenty of times Gonzalez creates an opening for himself and its easy to score than miss.

I'm concerned about niggling injuries but if he is the man we are willing to pay big for then I can get on board with it as he will make an impact rather than hoping an unpolished diamond " might ".

Fcuk it, I'm sold. GERRRIIIMMMIINNNN

Fcuk it, so am I 😀

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Fcuk it, so am I 😀

I heard the word fcuk on the TV in my 13yr old daughters bedroom the other day and bollocked her but instead of saying sorry she said "it's not fcuk it dad we all say smash it these days"

So smash it...

Edited by UHDrive