Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

Interesting that this was leaked at around the same time Rodgers was quoted as saying “I have to work with what I’ve got”. For me this shows the rift behind the scenes and someone isn’t happy with the constant shit he comes out with.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Interesting that this was leaked at around the same time Rodgers was quoted as saying “I have to work with what I’ve got”. For me this shows the rift behind the scenes and someone isn’t happy with the constant shit he comes out with.

Or it's him putting pressure on Rudkin to do his job!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Probably the worst highlight reel I've ever seen.

If he is actually worth even close to £30 million it's a shocker.

Medium/lowlights mixed with what I presume are telling cutaways at vital moments (usually just as he's about to use his right foot).

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's average af, he's a sicknote, he's absurdly over priced for what he is and he'll have absolutely zero resale value if we buy him for 30.

Has the last days of Sunderland as a Premier League team written all over it. 

Wasn't Lee Congerton there when they went down? Wouldnt be surprised if we are still working off some of his lists and targets. 

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's average af, he's a sicknote, he's absurdly over priced for what he is and he'll have absolutely zero resale value if we buy him for 30.

It's only Sunderland's final days if you can picture this guy in the kit of a Turkish Super Lig team (loan)

As for "Fiorentina fans like him", they're 9th with seriously underwhelming attacking numbers, negative goal difference and they've just lost their best striker since Batigol and replaced him with a flop. They're as desperate as we are. 

And I hate all this "don't care who he is, just get a body in" shit. Being blasé about spending 30m + agent fees + stupid wages is how we got in a position to be desperate in the first place. 

How are the "why do you care what the fee is, iTs NoT yOuR mOnEy" crowd still a fvcking thing.

Lord above. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you take his injuries out of the equation, this guy is really good. He would have made the Argentina World Cup squad and featured in their Copa America win. He's very versatile and has even played wing-back at times.

However, like the rest of the sentiment of this thread, paying a lot of money for someone with injury and attitude issues seems very risky given our current predicament.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The Sunderland comparison at the moment is uncanny. It really is. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmmmm another winger I'm torn on, I shouldn't be feeling this way when all I've done for the last few years on here is bollock the club for not signing wingers.

@moore_94 will be delighted, he's regularly championed Gonzalez. @kingfox I think has done too and both these lads tend to be a bit more measured and considered in their scouting and research than me.

The main reasons I've never really considered Gonzalez is a) the perceived fee he'd have cost pre injuries and b) he's in that age bracket of players that got their move to a decent club and not really been sensational enough that it suggests he's got much higher in him to go.

That doesn't mean he won't improve but the risk / reward of younger and more unproven players is obvious.

As a player he's not going to come up on searches as an out and out right winger, hes versatile that he plays anywhere across the front three. I don't mind that, his stats when he has played RW are decent enough. I like his mentality, he's got some fire bubbling away inside him which can't be said about a good chunk of our squad. He's also very strong in thr air for a wide forward which would be a bonus and he's good on the ball at beating players, something else we struggle with.

Let me just rewind that back, he is very good in the air. We'd actually have a forward who we could, at times, deploy through the middle when we need to do something different. We launch enough balls in the box when chasing games and never have a player who can disrupt a set defence.

I liken his forward play to Barnes, as in he's a good finisher but not a natural finisher. They both are extremely wasteful, not Ayoze Perez wasteful but there'll be plenty of times Gonzalez creates an opening for himself and its easy to score than miss.

I'm concerned about niggling injuries but if he is the man we are willing to pay big for then I can get on board with it as he will make an impact rather than hoping an unpolished diamond " might ".

Fcuk it, I'm sold. GERRRIIIMMMIINNNN

Tbh mate I’m in your camp, I’ve never really considered him either tbf.

Too many red flags for my liking, the quoted price especially is my biggest turn off, can we afford to gamble like that again after the Perez failure 😕

It’s a signing that would simply have to work.

As for a judge of character though, on this one @moore_94 will have to be the judge. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Tbh mate I’m in your camp, I’ve never really considered him either tbf.

Too many red flags for my liking, the quoted price especially is my biggest turn off, can we afford to gamble like that again after the Perez failure 😕

It’s a signing that would simply have to work.

As for a judge of character though, on this one @moore_94 will have to be the judge. 

the only way this makes any sort of sense is on  a loan basis. Doesnt seem to be on the table though 

• Like 1