Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

Posted these in the stat thread but they are potentially so bad I thought they'd get a bigger airing in here.

• Leicester have lost their last four Premier League games, having already lost six in a row in August/September this season. They last had two separate runs of five or more defeats in a single league campaign back in 1977-78, when they were relegated from the top flight.

• Leicester have lost their last three Premier League home games by an aggregate score of 5-0 - they have never lost four in a row at home without scoring in their league history

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

433 here

Ward

Amartey Faes Soyuncu Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi Mendy

Albrighton Iheanacho Vardy

Barnes, Praet and Daka on for the 72nd minute bed shitting

Hopefully Kristiansen, Maddison, A.N Winger, KDH and a centre back available for selection next time out. 

2 or 3 goal home loss.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2023 at 21:01, Gazza M said:

Iversen

Faes     Vesty   Soyuncu 

Marc                                 Castagne 

Mendy  Praet

Tielemans 

Iheanacho        Vardy

Would never happen but a deeper line and some counter attacking play. We know it will be 1 up top and Ward, Amartey and Ndidi will start. 

I like the look of that

Can you imagine the lift in mood if BR said the following in the pre Brighton presser:

"Madders has trained all week, and is looking stronger each day. He's looking good for Saturday"

"I expect Kristiansen has signed in time to train tomorrow, and will feature on Saturday"

"We think the fans will be really excited by our second signing, which we expect will be announced soon"

"I've had a good clear the air chat with Cags, and there'll be news soon on his new contract. I expect him to feature more regularly in starting line-ups. He's looking strong and focused"

"The imminent news on the stadium, and the backing I'm receiving in this window, should show the fans the ongoing commitment shown by the fantastic owners"

if Carlsberg did press conferences!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, davieG said:

Posted these in the stat thread but they are potentially so bad I thought they'd get a bigger airing in here.

• Leicester have lost their last four Premier League games, having already lost six in a row in August/September this season. They last had two separate runs of five or more defeats in a single league campaign back in 1977-78, when they were relegated from the top flight.

• Leicester have lost their last three Premier League home games by an aggregate score of 5-0 - they have never lost four in a row at home without scoring in their league history

Brendan Rodgers, hold my gin and tonic.

• Haha 1

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Brighton

Injury latest?

“James Maddison is doing very well so we’re hoping he can be involved in the squad. Dewsbury-Hall has been back training so he should be available. Dennis has trained so he should come into the squad. He came on in the game. Ayo, we have to wait and see. If it’s not this weekend, it should be next weekend.”

Kristiansen?

“I’ll speak about players when they’re signed. It’s clear we want players. When they’re announced, I can discuss it.”

Left-back?

“Luke Thomas has been brilliant for us as a young player, the number of games he’s played. He can’t play in every single game and you need that support. We’ve lost two full-backs, which was a big blow, and has left us with just two.”

More signings?

“That’s the plan. We want to strengthen, the club are working very hard to do that. I’m concentrated on the football side. But between now and the end of the window, we hope to strengthen.”

Form?

“Once we get players back and we can get that concentration back, the results will come. We have to be at maximum concentration and commitment, and unfortunately for us, we lost our concentration, and that got us behind in the game. I’ve every confidence in the squad. It’s been very up and down for us. We believe the next half of games, we feel we can be better when we know we have to be better. Getting players in could rejuvenate us.”

Why players underperforming?

“There are challenges that are invisible to people which you might not see. But it’s just about reinforcing the qualities of the players. Maybe some thought they would get moves to bigger clubs. My job is to work with the players and to maximise the talent. We’ve been able to do that for the majority of the time. It’s about consistency. You need to be mentality ready and committed.”

Brighton?

“It’s a tough game. There’s no respite in the league. Playing against a fantastic team and it’s a club I really admire in terms of how they bring players in to fit the strategy. They keep the ball really well and that allows them to create chances. Roberto’s come in and will add his bit to it. They’ve got a really good bunch of players who are technically really good.”

Agree with Conte over sporting directors speaking to media?

“I can’t really speak for other clubs. I can only look from within here. I have a good relationship. I understand where Antonio is coming from. Sporting directors have been in Europe longer than they have here. They will speak about strategy. For here, it’s something in the future that could go that way. You can only work as you do, and I have a good relationship with the board. We’ll see in time if that develops.”

Understand the supporters?

“I think now that transparency is very important. I have empathy for supporters. We went from challenging for the Champions League to not being able to buy players. The club have always had an incredible relationship with supporters. My message is for them to trust the board. Whenever I move on from here, I will still say the owner is amazing, what he’s given this football club. I spoke to Top yesterday when he was here and he’s so ambitious for the club. This season has been a challenge with recruitment but it doesn’t lessen the ambition. It should be good news for the supporters.”

Still keep same ambition as when first arrived?

“We just have to do it in a different way, because the finances aren’t the same. You have to be really clever in recruitment and strategy. While I’m here I’ll fight for that. The ambition was to disrupt the market. The invisible challenges have made it difficult. Things will change because of the players’ contract situations and that will allow the team to grow again. In the short-term, there’s a challenge to embrace and the players will fight for that.”

Difference between fighting for Europe and fighting relegation?

“It is different. It’s very early. We’re halfway through the season and we aim to be much better. We have to stay calm with it. There’s always disappointment. There are a conscientious group will fight and will run. That’s an obligation and the players are ready to do it. If we can add quality and get players, I think we’ll be in a really good position.”

Vardy?

“Jamie is an amazing player for this club and will go down as a legend of the club. Unfortunately, it happens to everyone. There’s always periods in players’ careers where it starts to dip. That’s why I was always cautious with him. He’s a great player to have in our squad. He can make an impact. But we can’t be reliant on him. It’s the obligation for everyone to score goals, not just him. It happens to everyone, time catches up. He’s determined to make an impact.”

Coaches?

“You can’t do it all on your own and I have excellent coaches here. Chris and Adam are outstanding. Lars looks at the set-pieces and then Mike works with the goalkeepers. I can help where needed. Between us all, we put in place a programme to get the most out of players. Sometimes I’ll be hands on. Tactics are my responsibility. We’ll focus on certain bits to prepare for the opponent. No stone is left unturned.”

How to get supporters onside?

“That’s our job to inspire supporters. We have to deliver a performance that ensures they get behind the team. When Leicester are at their best, there’s been that connection with that tightness between the team, that helps the players. We’ve produced so many great performances here and that’s always been with the supporters. We can only do it together. If that’s fragmented, it makes it so challenging. It’s up to us to inspire but maybe if they can move on from the disappointment of before, this is a new game.”

Perez?

“He played in the Newcastle game and he felt a muscle issue. He’s been out on the training field. It might be too much of a risk. He played three times in quick succession. But he’s a good healer.”

Maddison?

“Hopefully he’s going to be in the squad. We need to manage that game-time because it’s been a long time since he’s played. He’s worked hard in the gym and behind the scenes. He’s such a gift for us to have. The difference he gives us other players, that’s when you know you have an outstanding player. He’s ticked the boxes. He’s trained this week and looks so so good. We hope he can come through the last session. Then it’s a case of picking the right moment to put him in.”

Exits?

“I think for some players between now and the end of the window, there will be exits. Younger players will get loans. The challenge has been for us, for players to come in, you want to get players out. But you can only get players out if teams want the players. Hopefully we can get a few more in.”

Competition for Thomas?

“That’s the thing we’ve suffered from. If players are not at the same level, partly it’s because of competition. They need someone breathing down their neck to take their shirt. A young player cannot play every single game. It’s important we support our younger players. It’s important to be able to take a player out and put another in. If you’re fighting every day, that will make you a better player. Thomas has been fantastic since I first played him in the pandemic. He’s still so young. He’ll played a big part for this club. It’ll be good to bring in another young player to compete with.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

433 here

Ward

Amartey Faes Soyuncu Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi Mendy

Albrighton Iheanacho Vardy

Barnes, Praet and Daka on for the 72nd minute bed shitting

Hopefully Kristiansen, Maddison, A.N Winger, KDH and a centre back available for selection next time out. 

2 or 3 goal home loss.

Must be the slowest starting 11 in the history of the Prem