Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

With Rogers not being sacked after Saturday, I think the owners are hoping and waiting for him to resign so they don't have to pay up his contract, their thoughts are that so he won't want relegation on his CV and he can say he was not backed by the board in the transfer market and next season get a new job, meanwhile we are stuck in the middle watching this sh1t show go on with the team edging closer and closer to the drop

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

With Rogers not being sacked after Saturday, I think the owners are hoping and waiting for him to resign so they don't have to pay up his contract, their thoughts are that so he won't want relegation on his CV and he can say he was not backed by the board in the transfer market and next season get a new job, meanwhile we are stuck in the middle watching this sh1t show go on with the team edging closer and closer to the drop

There is not a chance in hell that BR resigns. He will take us down and then the pundits and his PR team will be in overdrive that it was literally every other person at LCFC that caused us to go down and not him, and that he had his hands tied behind his back by the board and the players let him down etc.

For some reason, no matter how bad we play or do the same things over and over again with no success, in the press's eyes BR has zero blame for any of it and he'll somehow walk straight in to another top job you wait and see.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hopefully Gonzalez and Kristiansen are in by Friday to be involved but if not then big changes need to be made. 

Unless they arrived today, I doubt our ability to get their work permits and international clearance done by end of the week. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

There is not a chance in hell that BR resigns. He will take us down and then the pundits and his PR team will be in overdrive that it was literally every other person at LCFC that caused us to go down and not him, and that he had his hands tied behind his back by the board and the players let him down etc.

For some reason, no matter how bad we play or do the same things over and over again with no success, in the press's eyes BR has zero blame for any of it and he'll somehow walk straight in to another top job you wait and see.

Depressing if this true. Recent past experience says that it will be so, sadly. The journalists that are closer to LCFC recognise the issue but the national ones, including so called expert commentator contributors like Clint Morrison and Danny Murphy think Rodgers has done a great job at Leicester, is a top manager and has been dealt a bad hand through transfer funds. It's laughable really.  

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

My concern is hes been struggling for a while and wonder if rushing him back is the best thing but we badly miss him right now.

BR has a track record of this and has done it with the likes of Ndidi, Perreira, Soy etc. Look where they are now re: fitness and general performance wise. 

1 hour ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Nah.

He's not going to resign. If you have a 50/50 chance of winning the 10m sacking lottery you don't walk away in case it affects your CV. Look at Steve Bruce. Never resigned once, took endless payouts. Mourinho is an expert too. There's always a next job. The board are waiting, keeping their heads low in the hope he can get the 6 or 7 wins we need to stay up. If he does, we rebuild in the summer and they keep themselves faceless and blameless. If he doesn't, one or two will lose their jobs or resign. Top said this would be a tough season. I'm sure he's pissed about the injury situation again, sure he's pissed we aren't in the top half, but if we stay up he'll feel the gamble paid off

1 hour ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Are they trying to piss people off?

I personally think its a great idea, we should have one with a list of the names of some legendary players

Rowley

Okazaki

Drinkwater

Guppy

Elliott

Roberts

Schmeichel

Ormondroyd

Ulloa

Tielemans

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

I personally think its a great idea, we should have one with a list of the names of some legendary players

Rowley

Okazaki

Drinkwater

Guppy

Elliott

Roberts

Schmeichel

Ormondroyd

Ulloa

Tielemans

I fear too many are incensed to take the time to appreciate this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

Nah.

He's not going to resign. If you have a 50/50 chance of winning the 10m sacking lottery you don't walk away in case it affects your CV. Look at Steve Bruce. Never resigned once, took endless payouts. Mourinho is an expert too. There's always a next job. The board are waiting, keeping their heads low in the hope he can get the 6 or 7 wins we need to stay up. If he does, we rebuild in the summer and they keep themselves faceless and blameless. If he doesn't, one or two will lose their jobs or resign. Top said this would be a tough season. I'm sure he's pissed about the injury situation again, sure he's pissed we aren't in the top half, but if we stay up he'll feel the gamble paid off

The old destroy and exit

• Haha 1

Have a feeling this could be one of the most important games for the club’s future. Win it, could give the players and club motivation to go and push to stay in the league. Loose and other results not going our way then the table will not be looking positive. Come on let’s do it