Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Because it’s clearly too expensive, for a player with his output, stats, being an uncapped, post mid twenties predominantly left winger

Yeah but like it or not it’s the going rate for a prime age English winger who had a  good season last year. 

Bet he goes to Everton if bielsa goes there lol 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

My point is I never understand the constant “howwww muchh” as if we’re not aware of transfer fees these days lol 

How much do you think we’d try and get for Barnes lol 

He's scored a single goal this season, I don't think people are wrong to think £35m is too much; whether its the going rate or not.

Didn't realise he was left footed, so that is a tick. His ability to press from the front and his high work ethic would be welcomed, so as a Loan or a reasonable fee I wouldn't be against this

However, the fact he plays on the left for Leeds and where we are in the transfer window screams of a pure panic buy to me if we were to pay that much, if there is any truth in this.

Let's face it, its a lot more realistic than Tete or Gonzalez. :cry:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

My point is I never understand the constant “howwww muchh” as if we’re not aware of transfer fees these days lol 

Is that Harvey Barnes with 7 goals in his 18 games? Yes I think i'd want more than i'd be willing to pay for Jack Harrison.

Barnes has a goal or assist every 162 minutes in the Premier League versus Jack Harrison who has a goal or assist every 229 minutes.

• Like 2

Harrison as a left wing option would be a welcome addition to back up/rotate with Barnes - similar to the links with Jaidon Anthony at Bournemouth.

Both players have a lot of qualities to admire and have decent PL numbers but simply put they aren't top, top priorities for us and we won't be splashing such a huge wedge of cash on a lower priority transfer. Spending £35mil on Harrison this window would be madness. If he was available for a much cheaper fee that still enabled us to sign our CB and RW targets, or he was available on loan, I wouldn't be against it. It's one of those where its the circumstance and timing of the deal I'm against rather than the player per se.

• Like 1

He has similar attributes to Albrighton in his prime. Works hard, presses high, decent cross, 94th percentile for tackles, etc.

He’s one to consider in the summer when his pricetag will be considerably lower. He’s not a right winger but he’d provide competition for Barnes and we need some tenacity and aggression in all areas which Harrison could help provide.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Barnes who has some of the highest G+A/90 stats of anyone in the league outside the Big Six? Probably a lot more than Jack "Penalty Area? Never heard of it mate" Harrison. 

• Like 2