Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

Honestly I would love to sit here and say this won’t happen. But with the Leicester, recent past, Brendan Rodgers. This transfer is so us right now. If true, we deserve everything we get. 

Edited by DezFox

Love us to get back to when we got gems and allsorts for decent prices. 

Nowadays Brighton seem to doing that brilliantly. 

This is the type of signing Brendan loves, buying from mid table EPL teams...paying over double how much they are worth because they have EPL experience. 

Didn't Klopp get rid of a record 16 players who played under Brendan in his first summer at Liverpool because they were rubbish.

Jack probably a good player ....but no way worth 35m with 18months remaining on his contract..... he'll probably run it down for a higher wage somewhere 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Got it wrong, thought there can't be anything in this. Why would we be making a similar error, having learned the hard way with Perez? 

£35m potentially gets us Gonzalez so don't understand why we'd be paying that for Harrison. 

But there are far cheaper options than both of them who could have a very positive impact. 

Jack is a good player - for about the first 10 games this season statistically one of the best midfielders in the league.  He’s leveled off since then and that’s probably closer to his sustainable level but nevertheless a creative force who presses and works hard defensively too.

What he’s not is a true winger.  If we were to sign him (which I doubt) and I can only imagine it’s as a Maddison replacement, because they’re similar sorts of players.  Harrison, like Maddison, can play wide (though not on the “wing”, truthfully) but IMO is at his best more centrally - a recessed winger, more or less.  Also played more on the left than right, though equally effective on either side.

35 million is too much, but the reason Leeds is looking to sell is they’re apparently moving on Weston McKennie.  If that doesn’t happen they’ll probably stick with Harrison.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As he is Leeds highest assist guy currently*, doubtful they would sell anyway.

* So Leeds forum poster claims

I’m inclined to agree, but there have been faint rumblings that he and Marsch might not be totally simpatico.  Jesse doesn’t sell out his players to the press so it’s hard to know for sure. They’re also pretty loaded with #10-wide attacking types at the moment, and he may want to tweak the formation and use a box to box type like McKennie instead.

• Like 1

They have Gnonto, Summerville coming through who look more dangerous and exciting than Harrison, so not surprised he's linked with a transfer. We shouldn't touch him for that price, but what other choices do we have. Left it too late like always. We should have been ready to pounce on signings as soon as the window opened.

£35 million is a bit excessive, however, if you want to sign players from other Premier League Clubs there is always an inflated fee. 
We are both in a similar position league wise and as we are both trying to stay up, you’ll have to pay over the top.

The fee in itself isn’t a major issue, fees come and go and the club will decide what they can afford to part with right now - the money problems come when players are overpaid and become unsellable.

The question would be, is he better than what we have already? 
I would say, he’s on par with Perez, if we have everyone fit he wouldn’t start for us, but could be a useful player to bring on and change things up in a game. 
I can’t see this happening now, but potentially a transfer in the summer, where the fee may come down a bit and we will have freed up some room in the wages department.

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Gnonto (and before him Somerville) has nicked his position right, at lowly leeds, so it doesnt feel like an upgrade particularly as he plays left and we need right.

Numbers are just as good on the right and truthfully, he plays pretty centrally even when he plays wide.  And he has been starting alongside Gnonto, FWIW.

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Numbers are just as good on the right and truthfully, he plays pretty centrally even when he plays wide.  And he has been starting alongside Gnonto, FWIW.

Leeds fans reckon he is certainly playing more centrally lately, and what the arrival of WM means is not known :dunno:

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Jack is a good player - for about the first 10 games this season statistically one of the best midfielders in the league.  He’s leveled off since then and that’s probably closer to his sustainable level but nevertheless a creative force who presses and works hard defensively too.

What he’s not is a true winger.  If we were to sign him (which I doubt) and I can only imagine it’s as a Maddison replacement, because they’re similar sorts of players.  Harrison, like Maddison, can play wide (though not on the “wing”, truthfully) but IMO is at his best more centrally - a recessed winger, more or less.  Also played more on the left than right, though equally effective on either side.

35 million is too much, but the reason Leeds is looking to sell is they’re apparently moving on Weston McKennie.  If that doesn’t happen they’ll probably stick with Harrison.

He is nowhere even close to Maddison's levels. 

• Like 1