Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

On 02/04/2023 at 17:48, berniethebolt said:

The fact we are a complete shambles off the pitch with a full squad rebuild being required as well as expiring contracts poor recruitment, a stagnant academy and record accoutning losses falls at his door. Another position desperate for a refresh. 

Add  the ladies team to the list :)

Feel like a broken record every time this see you next Tuesday name comes up but he should've gone after the Silva debacle and now he's let 8 first team players contract run out , Top needs to get somebody else to look after his horses 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

Feel like a broken record every time this see you next Tuesday name comes up but he should've gone after the Silva debacle and now he's let 8 first team players contract run out , Top needs to get somebody else to look after his horses 

The Silva stuff, and even things like the set piece coach not having his visa ready in time for when he signed. Wasn't there a delay with Faes for some reason too? I'm sure all this stuff would be viewed for as bad as it really is if we hadn't had the success on the pitch in recent years. 

The warning signs have been there for ages with this club, but anyone who said anything was laughed at because of the Premier League and FA Cup. 

Elcn9fHWkAgrsvA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He has to go. It's as important as changing the manager was. Top has to have good people around him running things smoothly whilst he is away and Rudkin has overseen a total failure in recruitment, over paying of players so we can't shift the ones we want and allowed those we want to stay to run down their contracts potentially costing the club fortunes by not getting transfer fees. A shambles. 

• Like 4

On 02/04/2023 at 17:47, Master Fox said:

Signing Kante makes up for this. 

Silva turned out to be rubbish. So much hype. 

I never did  understand the hype over Silva.  Anyone who had watched him for Portugal or Sporting, knew that he was a player that simply look to keep the ball, by playing short passes, predominantly sideways and backwards. He was never a Dynamic run with the ball, or creative midfielder. He played it safe. He had always played in the way, he didn't underperform here, he played his natural game. If that wasn't the type of midfielder that the club was hoping for, then it was down to poor scouting and poor recruitment.

Surely it's time for Rudkin to leave the footballing side of things and concentrate on leading Tops horses around the parade ring. This way the youth teams may also get some benefit of the shake up.

Whilst I don't want Pearson as manager I think he's a great fit for DoF.

• Like 2

Definitely feels like it’s time for Rudkin to move on,  however I am not sure I lay the blame for the Rodgers debacle at his door, it was widely reported after the Forest game that the relationship between the 2 was strained and also that around the Wolves and West Ham  games it was Rudders that was pushing for Rodgers to be sacked. 

Where Rudkin is to blame is for allowing the foundations put in place by both Pearson and Puel in relation to sports science and recruitment to be dismantled and for allowing the club to move away from its model of selling a big name each season and reinvesting, also allowing the contract situation of so many players to run down and reduce the squad value. 

I think it’s time for a freshen up and bring someone in who can rebuild the foundations for the next 5-10 years. I would happily welcome either Pearson or Puel back to embark on building a sports science, medical and recruitment strategy that sees us pushing to be the best of the rest again. 

• Like 2

Everything needs a refresh , unfortunately have a feeling this will be a championship rebuild , if we stay up this season , next season could be even grimmer , too much needs to fall into place , right manager, right players , off load the dead wood, recalibrate the whole culture, make seagrave more like home. A big ask for any club. 

I have admired Rudkin for a long time - he has overseen a lot of great times at the club.

But the lack of a plan and a misplaced loyalty to Rodgers has tarnished his legacy. He should consider his position.