Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Just now, hebangsthedrums said:

Can you expand on this, my memory is hazy...

Walsh wanted a DoF job and likely would have stayed if we offered it. We didn’t because there wasn’t apparently a DoF role to offer so he went Everton. A few days later and Rudkin is the new DoF. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Walsh wanted a DoF job and likely would have stayed if we offered it. We didn’t because there wasn’t apparently a DoF role to offer so he went Everton. A few days later and Rudkin is the new DoF. 

Rudkin was DOF two years before Walsh left.

Whoever is responsible for contract negotiation has evidently completely f***ed up. 1/3 of the squad clocking off, some of them worth sizable amounts, and Rodgers' deal which made it prohibitive to fire him and his staff.

If Rudkin's ultimately responsible there we need to reconsider his position.

Edited by Jaspa

Just now, Aleksz said:

Rudkin was DOF two years before Walsh left.

Not quite, i’m sure it was a different role because Walsh had recruitment. Soon as Walsh was gone Rudkin took that over and became a fully fledged DoF. 

No way he was calling any shots when Pearson and Walsh were around. 

Just now, Dames said:

Not quite, i’m sure it was a different role because Walsh had recruitment. Soon as Walsh was gone Rudkin took that over and became a fully fledged DoF. 

Wasn't some guy called Terry Robinson DoF before Rudkin?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Rudkin replaced Terry Robinson in December 2014. Walsh left in July 2016, even signing a new contract as Head of Recruitment in May 2016.

2 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Wasn't some guy called Terry Robinson DoF before Rudkin?

Im sure he was the one that didn’t get on with Pearson and was sacked. Then Rudkin picked up some bits but there wasnt a proper DoF in that sense whilst Pearson was about. 

Rudkin gradually increased his influence as soon as Nige was gone though. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't like the bloke but I dislike using "cancer" in this manner I didn't care for it when people were using it in reference to Rodgers either.

It can also just mean a negative influence that's difficult to contain which I think is a fair enough way of describing either of them. I can't see how it's any different from e.g. saying our defending is "suicidal" or watching Rodgersball is "depressing".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

Im sure he was the one that didn’t get on with Pearson and was sacked. Then Rudkin picked up some bits but there wasnt a proper DoF in that sense whilst Pearson was about. 

Rudkin gradually increased his influence as soon as Nige was gone though. 

Lee Hoos and Pearson didnt get on.

Robinson is a dodgy bloke. No surprise he was around the time King Power were breaking all sorts of rules.

Edited by SemperEadem

17 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't like the bloke but I dislike using "cancer" in this manner I didn't care for it when people were using it in reference to Rodgers either.

Understandable...I suppose it could be replaced with the phrase "the fish rots from the head"...and he's the head.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Rudkin replaced Terry Robinson in December 2014. Walsh left in July 2016, even signing a new contract as Head of Recruitment in May 2016.

I stand corrected. It was definitely a role in name only until Walsh had left though and Rudkin definitely played his part in that.

Overseen one of the greatest and quickest declines you'll see and will still be safe as houses. This club will never prosper while everyone is so matey and standards are non-existent.

It's good for colleagues to get on, but there must always be a professional side to the relationship. Friendship seems to trump common sense standards at Leicester though.

• Like 2