Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

On 04/04/2023 at 12:10, Chrysalis said:

Proper journalist with balls, remember this guy pressuring Rodgers in a press conference.

Found his voice now he’s on the talksport payroll rather than radio Leics it seems 

26 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Says it all

Rudkin.thumb.png.c364b6d2956130fdbd3103804347dd93.png

Rudkin looks liked one of those really shit deputy Head Teachers that isn't like by anyone. Not even his wife.

Susan Whelan looks like she put £10 on Bournemouth.

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 3

I used to stand up for him especially managing to rake in £55m combined for Schlupp and Drinkwater but he can't ignore the flak for the decisions taken over the last 18 months. Even if you excuse Top and say he's been badly advised, this is the guy with the bad advice.

waylon.JPG

• Like 3

If Top wants to restore the fans faith in him and the club the best thing he can do is publicly sack this pair of useless, pompous and incompetent leaches from our football club for their piss poor mismanagement, like he should have done over 18 months ago with the even bigger fraud.

It’s not all down to him (as if I or anyone on here knows the truth of it) but he’s been Director of Football while the board has got every big decision wrong for three years. He has to go, but he can’t just be a fall guy. We’re rudderless, making us Ruddersless, ahem, won’t of itself change anything.

To be honest I don't understand enough about the club's structure to know why everyone hates Rudkin.

Am I right in thinking that he was instrumental in bringing in Ranieri, Puel and Rodgers? All would agree that they were good appointments, right? 

And what about players? - did he not bring in Kante, Fuchs, Sinji, Maguire, Maddison & Fofana? 

And through the academy - did he not have some responsibility for developing players like Heskey, Piper, Schlupp, Chilwell, Barnes and KDH? 

Is any of the above true? If so, why do we hate him so much? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

I used to stand up for him especially managing to rake in £55m combined for Schlupp and Drinkwater but he can't ignore the flak for the decisions taken over the last 18 months. Even if you excuse Top and say he's been badly advised, this is the guy with the bad advice.

waylon.JPG

Schlupp's been a good signing for Palace so hardly deserves any credit for that.

Oh, and Mr Smithies is pretty competent unlike Rudders :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KP Fox said:

To be honest I don't understand enough about the club's structure to know why everyone hates Rudkin.

Am I right in thinking that he was instrumental in bringing in Ranieri, Puel and Rodgers? All would agree that they were good appointments, right? 

And what about players? - did he not bring in Kante, Fuchs, Sinji, Maguire, Maddison & Fofana? 

And through the academy - did he not have some responsibility for developing players like Heskey, Piper, Schlupp, Chilwell, Barnes and KDH? 

Is any of the above true? If so, why do we hate him so much? 

100% agree we do not know the infrastructure absolutely. 

What we do know however, Rudkin is DOF. For me, that means a sense of clear FORWARD direction above and beyond those you highlighted. I would argue, because of the greatest sporting achievement. You would think this would springboard us further and not regress. 

(Simple definition (A Director of Football is an executive employed by a football club to oversee medium and long-term strategy))

There are odd factors that we cannot ignore too. Let's take a quick high level rhetoriacal overview: 

1. How did we go from one of the best recruitment system to what we have currently 

2. Medical and fitness, isn't up to scratch

3. Holding on to general manager beyond reasonable doubt 

4. We should be able to self sustain without the owner dipping into his pocket to prop up the organisation. Especially if the business model, is to buy cheap sell high.

We have sleep walked into this situation, with eyes wide open. This isnt King Power medium to long term strategy. Someone must be responsible for that. For that reason, he gets a big fat cross above those ticks mentioned. 

Rudkin ok as long as a firm hand at the tiller above him to keep him in line. Top gave him too much rope, and now he needs to cut him loose. If we not going to appoint MON as temp manager then give him Rudkins job because MON is more than capable. Come on Top get the right people around you at the club.

Would love to see Robert Huth in this role. Think he's now finished his sport management degree. Clever guy, club legend and will bring new ideas.

Seems to me that Rudkin has done some good things in the past but it's all very stale. Don't forget that he's DOF and all the teams within LCFC, the women's team, U19s, U17s etc are all tanking this season. He has to take ultimate responsibility for that.

Mad he's still in the job tbh