Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Rudders & Whelan to review this season’s failings next week

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

**** me, like Kim Jong Un looking into human rights violations in Korea that

Sure Rudkin and Whelan will emerge intact and they’ll find scapegoats elsewhere, probably among the people who’ll end up losing their jobs if we go down. 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Rob Tanner article in the Athletic has dropped suggesting a review to take place next week concerning where it all went wrong, led in part by Rudders (one of the key protagonists) so expect the review to last 5 minutes and give a clean bill of health.

Leicester City will hold a review of where they have gone wrong this season next week, regardless of whether they manage to save their Premier League status.

Leicester find themselves needing to beat West Ham United and hoping Evertonfail to beat Bournemouth at Goodison Park on Sunday to stay in the top flight after a disastrous season that has seen manager Brendan Rodgers replaced with interim boss Dean Smith.

Chief executive Susan Whelan and director of football Jon Rudkin will lead the review, in which all areas of the club will come in for scrutiny but particularly the recruitment policy and injury record.

Smith has been reluctant to talk about what has happened at the club before his arrival last month following Rodgers’ sacking and has refused to discuss what may happen in the future at the club. The former Aston Villa boss is only on a short-term contract that expires after Sunday’s final game of the season, but says he will voice his opinions internally if asked.

...putting Dracula in charge of running the Blood Bank !!!

• Haha 2

Why not hold an open forum one evening and ask the fans, we will tell them exactly what has gone wrong. We’ve been watching unfold for two seasons…..

Im sure Rudkin and Whelan out chants and signage might help them decide. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Why not hold an open forum one evening and ask the fans, we will tell them exactly what has gone wrong. We’ve been watching unfold for two seasons…..

Whilst it wouldn’t hurt for them to get feedback from supporters. Unfortunately the fans only have a one sided view and won’t know what’s occurred on the inside of the club. 

I’m inclined to think that should the “greatest of escapes” occur, we’ll hit the reset button and be mid table next season.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m looking forward to the Smith / Terry review once they’ve left. I’m assuming they’ll have NDA’s in place though. 

...would they be saying anything that could compromise their situation!!!

As relatively new outsiders, they could bring a new perspective of what has transpired at this club and might just enable the management to effect real change.

Certainly any candid opinions on individuals, could lead to an unfavourable view of their application for the role.

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Im sure Rudkin and Whelan out chants and signage might help them decide. 

..it will never happen!!!

If we, as a fanbase, were capable of bringing that level of emotion and organised rage, we would not be where we are now.

If this was attended by FT posters only, then Whelan, Rudkin and Khun Top would be subjected to a level of scrutiny that they should have had  a long time ago, and no doubt, they would wither on stage, due to the pent up anger being released.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

Whilst it wouldn’t hurt for them to get feedback from supporters. Unfortunately the fans only have a one sided view and won’t know what’s occurred on the inside of the club. 

I’m inclined to think that should the “greatest of escapes” occur, we’ll hit the reset button and be mid table next season.  

I agree. 

Which is why I personally thins survival is the better option for the club, as we will probably be able to do that. 

You couldn't make it up could you!   Although I expect thats exactly what they will do,  with no blame apportioned to themselves of course!

The review should be done by Top, and he should be asking some very tough questions of Rudkin and Whelan, before firing their arses, and getting some competent football people in to replace them!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I hope this doesn't mean they're staying around to try and put things right. 

Blind leading the blind. 

They aren’t firing themselves. Let’s hope Top is conducting his own independent review simultaneously. But I doubt it. Rudkin and Whelan will be pros at this sort of thing and will likely have the direction and the outcomes of the meeting preplanned. It will be a formulaic process. 

Regardless, they need to be acting fast if relegated. No time at all to get anything sorted for next season. 

26 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Top is the one who should be reviewing the failings, starting with the people closest to him and working down.

That is the issue. They are among the closest to him. 

• Like 2