Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Rudders & Whelan to review this season’s failings next week

The big picture is that the senior management have much wider remits for King Power than the football club. Hence why seismic change is wholly unlikely. We think it’s our club but that’s only spiritually Top is a newcomer compared to many of us. Fully expect no changes at the Board and Executive level. The real question is to they have the balls and expertise to start selecting competent people. Given the last two years I fear the answer is no.

• Like 1

It was always going to be them running any review as ultimately it’s their responsibility. Several years ago, following a review she lead, a COO I worked with (surprisingly) decided to step aside and said that she had worked out that ‘the company would be better off with her taking a more limited day to day role’. Maybe, with fingers in so many pies, Rudkin and Whelan will come to the conclusion that their responsibilities need to be dissolved. Maybe Rudkin will come to the conclusion that LCFC need a dedicated dof (and promote someone like Huth) and not one that seems to have 4 jobs.  

Just trying to be positive on the last day. 

• Like 1

Only a week to review our failings this season, seems unfair... the fan's have been forced to review it for 10 months.

All that will happen is they will charge the club overtime, take home their cheques and advise in a statement we have learnt valuable lessons without elaborating (and probably forget that we still need to appoint a manager for next season & we have a squad to rebuild)

Best thing those 2 clowns can do is collect their P45s and **** off. Along with Rodgers they take full responsibility for it all as they were involved in or approved every bad decision since 2015, complacency, lack of understanding how a football club runs! They have it all. 

Serious question here/thinking out loud moment

Could LCFC be thinking of going after Rodgers for gross negligence should any review bring anything concrete up? 

Lack of substitutes when players were tired. Refusal to play a perfectly good and fit Soyuncu? Those sort of grounds.

Is this what part of having this review is angled towards? 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Serious question here/thinking out loud moment

Could LCFC be thinking of going after Rodgers for gross negligence should any review bring anything concrete up? 

Lack of substitutes when players were tired. Refusal to play a perfectly good and fit Soyuncu? Those sort of grounds.

Is this what part of having this review is angled towards? 

Not a chance.

And my counter if I were on Rodgers defence (Ewwwww) they could and should have sacked him and acted earlier on any accusations - Not simply let it unfold infront of their eyes.

This is on them as much as him, if anything they shown more gross negligence.

If their reasonings earlier in the season were (as I read numerous time on here) "We can't afford to sack him" - Relegations gonna cost more. Make it make sense.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Why waste time and money having the designers of the Titanic critique their own work?

Just put the last 9 months' worth of Foxestalk into ChatGPT and ask it to spit out a 1,000 word report.

Job done.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not a chance.

And my counter if I were on Rodgers defence (Ewwwww) they could and should have sacked him and acted earlier on any accusations - Not simply let it unfold infront of their eyes.

This is on them as much as him, if anything they shown more gross negligence.

Yeah true 

"Leicester City will hold a review of where they have gone wrong this season next week"

Well there's the major problem right here, the Short termism and approach that this has just gone wrong 'this season'. 

The long-term cause is that there hasn't been a direction set by individuals with knowledge of Football since Pearson/Walsh left and Puel too in fairness.

The short-term cause is that because of this, Rodgers had direct control over all of the Club and all our solid foundations, recruitment/coaching/medical aspects, were destroyed over night. 

I don't think it's viable for a Club our size to give the Manager ultimate responsibility over everything, because ultimately we can't keep the richer clubs from poaching our Manager/Staff/Players. Either it goes really well and you lose staff, like Walsh to Everton, or it goes really poorly and multiple areas of the Club are damaged all at once, like with Rodgers. Our manager/head coach, Director of Football, Head of Recruitment and Head of Medicine etc should not be recruited on the back of recommendation from another role's recommendation. E.g. The manager should not be choosing the Head of Recruitment. 

• Like 1

I do think the headline is a little misleading in that I think their own performances will be reviewed during this meaning. 

It's a healthy sign that we're going to be looking into the recruitment, contracts and injury record as failures - hopefully means that we will be more robust in those areas in the future. 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Why waste time and money having the designers of the Titanic critique their own work?

Pretty sure the designers would have given a pretty fair assessment of the ship’s weaknesses. Probably a better analogy for the white star line management who pushed everything to its limits unnecessarily to conduct their own review. 

4 hours ago, Bob666 said:

Didn't realise the clown's been with us for that long - talk about a bad smell :(

Screenshot_20230528_104521_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah he was a wakner then as well, right up his own arse. My lad was in the academy then and he never gave anybody the time of day 

Edited by CyprusFox
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Yeah he was a wakner then as well, right up his own arse. My lad was in the academy then and he never gave anybody the time of day 

And now look at him, he could afford the swankiest watch in the world.

We need to hear/read/see actions of the outcome of any review.

We won't.

I mean the board haven't even released a statement yet, meanwhile Southampton and Leeds did so almost instantly.

This is a club who have  their heads well and truly up their own aris.

Ostriches.

• Like 1