Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Rudders & Whelan to review this season’s failings next week

Do we go down the none DOF route? Get a MON or Pearson type to have full control over everything including transfers and contact renewals. 

Seems to me the Rodgers was always happy to say "I don't know, that isn't anything to do with me" when asked questions about anything to with players contracts etc. 

I'm not saying that we should have given Rodgers more control as we could have even been in a worse position than now but get the right man in and give him the keys to all the doors. 

Even a DOF doesn't need to be as bad as Rudders though. When Dave Bassat was made DOF he'd still communicate with the fans and from what I can tell Adams respected him as Dave took the work load off him. He was a help rather than a hinderence which I can't say about Rudders.

I'm not ITK but the little bits I've picked up on here  and heard through the grapevine has Rudders as a control freak who is happy to work with "Yes" people and will fall out and axe you if you call him out.

It doesn't "shout" honesty, integrity and putting the club first, more selfishness and self preservation.

That's just the feeling I get, I might be completely wrong,  but if I am, Rudders has never been heard from so I can only go from the bits I hear and the sight of the whole club in this catastrophic phase. 

The fact is that Rudders has so much control but is never heard of ever in interview or doesn't seem to be made accountable. All 3 teams he oversees have been relegated.

If alarm bells don't ring now they never will. 

I know it's people jobs so shouldn't be talked about flipently and it's probably no fault of some....

But....

Seagrave needs a complete  overhaul with a completely new direction and energy. A young and hungry continental youth coach with a clear plan from a similarly like minded first team coach. Seagrave has so much potential and will sell itself to the best the world has to offer. For this to happen the old ideas have to go, and with them, the people who have decided to keep the same youth setup personnel for what seems like decades.

We are going to need a radical overhaul. The next man simply can't come in and be told that your job is first team coach let us deal with youth... It needs to be gutted from top to bottom. 

• Like 3

Whilst I was calling for the club, Top, players to make statements they left it too late - they may aswell have not bothered by the time they were made.

However, actions speak louder than words, unfortunately we won’t see any actions either.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I know it's people jobs so shouldn't be talked about flipently and it's probably no fault of some....

But....

Seagrave needs a complete  overhaul with a completely new direction and energy. A young and hungry continental youth coach with a clear plan from a similarly like minded first team coach. Seagrave has so much potential and will sell itself to the best the world has to offer. For this to happen the old ideas have to go, and with them, the people who have decided to keep the same youth setup personnel for what seems like decades.

We are going to need a radical overhaul. The next man simply can't come in and be told that your job is first team coach let us deal with youth... It needs to be gutted from top to bottom. 

I thought when we appointed likes of McGuinness we were heading in the right direction but we have not recruited well and that needs to change. Concern is with focus on cost savings we will neglect this and things won’t improve 

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

I thought when we appointed likes of McGuinness we were heading in the right direction but we have not recruited well and that needs to change. Concern is with focus on cost savings we will neglect this and things won’t improve 

I'm not sure it needs to be costly though. The contracts for youth coaches are going to be a fraction of money in regards to first team operations. 

Having said that it did sound like we were cutting back on coaches, dropping the girls team etc... I suppose that could indicate just how bad things are financially. Only optimistic thought might be they're getting rid of some of personnel ready for the overhaul.  

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm not sure it needs to be costly though. The contracts for youth coaches are going to be a fraction of money in regards to first team operations. 

Having said that it did sound like we were cutting back on coaches, dropping the girls team etc... I suppose that could indicate just how bad things are financially. Only optimistic thought might be they're getting rid of some of personnel ready for the overhaul.  

It’s the way of the world that the most progressive coaches will expect to be paid more. 

Crucial to develop the pipeline of next generation of players we have quality coaches.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Someone who actually knows football, there's a few people with links to Leicester in the past that would do a very good job at that.....

We won’t ever know what’s going on for sure behind the scenes - different areas we brief against each other if they feel it’s necessary

it seems a bit eerily quiet around the club right now. In the past i’d give them the benefit that they were just keeping leaks stum but after last summer I think it’s because we are daudling once again. 

What is probably happening, is we are fully chasing potter and are going to waste weeks waiting for him to make a decision. missing out on decent options like corbean, farke and hutter and we will end up just giving smith the job… or going back for bloomin jessie marsch. 

Edited by Lambert09

How the fvck can Rudkin review the seasons failings when he’s responsible for 90% of them! He’s literally a youth coach who’s got lucky and in charge of hundreds of millions of pounds. It’s like putting Boris Johnson in charge of an inquiry into government failings during the covid pandemic. Surely, This must be more of a case of top saying what went wrong and who’s responsible and Rudkin having to find it’s his own fault so top can get rid. Digging his own grave as such.

Edited by yorkie1999

48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it seems a bit eerily quiet around the club right now. In the past i’d give them the benefit that they were just keeping leaks stum but after last summer I think it’s because we are daudling once again. 

What is probably happening, is we are fully chasing potter and are going to waste weeks waiting for him to make a decision. missing out on decent options like corbean, farke and hutter and we will end up just giving smith the job… or going back for bloomin jessie marsch. 

I completely agree.

No noise sounds like no plan, only rumour is we are chasing (time wasting) and willing to spend big on a Manager that has already said no

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Rudkin had bigger priorities 

It’s Derby week