Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Rudders & Whelan to review this season’s failings next week

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rudkin's reminded the club he won the U12's league in 2007 and Top's happy to conclude the investigation. 

This is actually believable. 

• Haha 1

On 20/06/2023 at 09:35, Dames said:

Its Royal Ascot this week. LCFC is on the backburner. 

I know nothing about racing - is it possible to buy the right to name a horse?

I would like to see the odds on Just Sack Rudkin, with a crowd all shouting “Come on just sack Rudkin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This was only a Tanner rumour. I'm sure he got plenty of clicks from it.

I'm also sure they'd have a rwview after every season to look back and then forwards. It's standard business practice and we all know this is a business first,

Nothing new here.

• 2 weeks later...

The charge sheet is damning.  A DoF that is employed to oversee Football Operations, has no place if he is the just Manager's ‘yes’ man. That has been our downfall if factual. 

In 1 months time it will be evident if he should still remain at LCFC for this season. 

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

The only thing that could justify Top's continued faith in Rudkin, is there might be truth in the rumours that Rodgers was given way too much control over the club, especially in the transfer market, where it has been suggested that he overruled the recruitment team on a number of occasions, especially on signings like Vestergaard and Bertrand. Was Rodgers after his two fifth places and FA Cup win, effectively given the keys to the club by Top? 

No doubt Rudkin has been part of a hugely successful time in our history, but how much was he responsible for our epic downfall? 

He is the DOF, so you would have to assume, a lot! However, I definitely think that Rodgers was given way too much control and I suspect that came from Top.

I'd still prefer a change and a new DOF to complete the reset, but he does now have a chance to gain some credibility back if he handles this season well. He has hired an exciting Manager, OK'd the release of numerous coaches and we seem to be acting rather quickly in the transfer market so far. 

Without Rodgers, can Rudkin get us back on track OR was he just as guilty and should be gone too? Trying to play devil's advocate... Don't beat me! 

This is a very good and balanced post. Truth is, we don’t know. There were rumours before that one person (likely Top) were keeping Rodgers in a job. And as you say, the power given to him. If Rudkin hasn’t been listened to and been overruled, maybe his level of fault could be overstated.

But, on the other hand, maybe he has been fully involved in the downfall. And yes as you say, a clean sweep would be good. 

At least we have a level of excitement back!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sly said:

Doesn’t Rudkin work with some of the other KP group businesses as well now, similar to Whelan? 

Yea he’s Head tea boy at some of the King Power Hotels in Thailand, and if you pay enough you can get a massage from him. He’ll stiff you just like he’s stiffed the club.

19 hours ago, STUHILL said:

The only thing that could justify Top's continued faith in Rudkin, is there might be truth in the rumours that Rodgers was given way too much control over the club, especially in the transfer market, where it has been suggested that he overruled the recruitment team on a number of occasions, especially on signings like Vestergaard and Bertrand. Was Rodgers after his two fifth places and FA Cup win, effectively given the keys to the club by Top? 

No doubt Rudkin has been part of a hugely successful time in our history, but how much was he responsible for our epic downfall? 

He is the DOF, so you would have to assume, a lot! However, I definitely think that Rodgers was given way too much control and I suspect that came from Top.

I'd still prefer a change and a new DOF to complete the reset, but he does now have a chance to gain some credibility back if he handles this season well. He has hired an exciting Manager, OK'd the release of numerous coaches and we seem to be acting rather quickly in the transfer market so far. 

Without Rodgers, can Rudkin get us back on track OR was he just as guilty and should be gone too? Trying to play devil's advocate... Don't beat me! 

I think part of the problem is Rudkin was one of the people pushing for Rodgers to have so much control, surely effectively putting himself out of a job?

Has Rudkin´s secretary returned from Ibiza yet and started to type up the minutes of this Review? 

I cannot help think that the recent cull in the coaching Dept. is a Rudders ´´that should  keep those tossers on FT quiet and ensure they forget about me´´ initiative.

• 8 months later...