Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Rudders & Whelan to review this season’s failings next week

I've a lot of time for Whelan but I'm afraid as CEO she needs to go and so does Rudkin. Everything from the financial management of the club to the playing side has disintegrated in a very short space of time.

There's just so many issues that it is impossible to list them all. I can't see any way in which, in a fair and reasonable world, Rudkin should stay. He's overseen the complete collapse of our Premier League status and he's the one on whose desk lies responsibility for the football side of the club.

The fact that we are in a bit of a financial state is both his but more Whelan's responsibility. Off field revenue have not expanded enough and expenses have gone through the roof.

Will there  be change. probably not unless Whelan decides to take early retirement. Rudkin appears to be unsackable.

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Can already see a situation where it’s concluded that we hire someone to do the role Rudkin should be doing whilst he stays in situ at the club. 

Rudkin essentially being director of football in name only then?

Edited by Tuna

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

I've a lot of time for Whelan but I'm afraid as CEO she needs to go and so does Rudkin. Everything from the financial management of the club to the playing side has disintegrated in a very short space of time.

There's just so many issues that it is impossible to list them all. I can't see any way in which, in a fair and reasonable world, Rudkin should stay. He's overseen the complete collapse of our Premier League status and he's the one on whose desk lies responsibility for the football side of the club.

The fact that we are in a bit of a financial state is both his but more Whelan's responsibility. Off field revenue have not expanded enough and expenses have gone through the roof.

Will there  be change. probably not unless Whelan decides to take early retirement. Rudkin appears to be unsackable.

The contract situation is inexcusable

• Like 1

Supposed to have had their review yesterday

I wonder if they have realised we have been relegated yet?

Rudkin probably spent the day trying to convince his mate Rodgers to come back as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Supposed to of had their review yesterday

Rudkin probably spent the day trying to convince his mate Rodgers to come back as well

Will be interesting to see if they have genuinely learned lessons, no doubt little, err what am I saying…..nothing  will be publicly revealed (unless Rudders departs).

Also I guess we will see in terms of how long it will take to announce the new manager / who they select.

First action - They are going to fully convert the Kop and East Stand to high end Corporate and sell over priced packages to the hordes who will have no idea that Leicester are no longer in the Premier League to help bridge the gap in revenues.

West stand lounges will be supplied with Greggs sausage rolls rather than the artisan “Wild boar pastry packages” and price to remain at £6 for the first home game but will increase by inflation rate for each subsequent game ( should reach around £11 by Christmas) creating high profit unit for buy in price of just 50p

All lounges to sell cheap gassy lager at ridiculous price……….oh hang on, that’s been done.

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Supposed to have had their review yesterday

Didn’t take long then as whelan was at the racecourse yesterday afternoon!

• Haha 1

At the end of the day they are in charge of, essentially, an entertainment product. People go to be entertained and to feel they have value for money.

The difference with football is that it is older than any film or musician and each club represents a group of people. 

Getting that connection with fans/ customers (I don't care how we're viewed) is so important. A local non league team I follow has just got relegated and the owners, players and manager all spoke to fans after the game. They apologised and they made it clear ticket prices would be reviewed, as well as putting on things for community spirit. 

• Like 1

Rudkin won’t go. Top is so reliant on Rudkin for football knowledge, what’s he going to do ? Sack him and then ask who should I replace you with. When his dad was running the place this is what he should have been working on - unfortunately, like everything else he should’ve been doing, he didn’t. Rudkin will be the last out the door. 

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Keown is odd isn’t he. Me makes obvious points but that’s about it. 

Jordan knows how football clubs are run, so he always saw through Brendan’s bullshit. 

At the end of the of the day, when all said and done, Brendan could have saved this team, had he been bothered. It is quite clear that he just gave up, and sat waiting for his £8m. As Simon said, the disengagement from the board from Brendan transferred to the players. And then all of a sudden you’ve got a club blissfully unaware of the situation they’re in. It’s like putting off a credit card payment, you leave it thinking “it’s fine I will sort it” ignoring the warnings until eventually it’s too late and the bailiffs are coming round. 

The whole club became disconnected the day Brendan suggested a refresh, he knew what he was doing he threw the board under the bus in an attempt the force their hand, they didn’t respond, he sunk further into a mood and between him and the board they just left us to drift away. 

The board left it to chance, and after Palace beat us, it seems they woke up and suddenly realised the gravity of the situation. 

And then Top comes out with that statement, which I read as he hasn’t even got a ****ing clue what’s going on at the club. He can be somewhat forgiven due to his family bereavement and fight to keep KP functioning through a pandemic….. but for gods sake, have some foresight, good business people are always looking ahead just incase they need to take drastic action. We haven’t until it’s all too late.

Summed up Simon Jordan's assessment brilliantly here. I'm not a fan of Talk Sport, but this is one of the few times someone is able to see through the bullshit and call it for what it is. 

As maligned as Rodgers is, calling out the players for not wanting to be here / not being good enough was correct. And he himself was also in that category. But then come the summer and we keep all of the deadwood players, don't reenforce the squad and start the season with fans mystified as to what's going on because of no spending and our legendary goalkeeper leave and we were up against it from the start. 

I am so mad at the board for this season. It was all so preventable! :mad:

• Like 3

Review:

Everything was going fine. 

We were doing such a fantastic job.

The time was right to refresh the Fresh management ticket even though Elite Brendan Rodgers was doing such a fantastic job improving our young players.

Then Dean Smith came in and ruined everything. It was him.

Once we get rid of him and him alone everything's going to be just fine.

Cut to both standing outside Leyton Orient for the opening game of League One 2024/25. Eastenders closing theme kicks in.

• Haha 1