Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Out of interest, did you watch Ipswich on their most recent foray in Europe? 

I tell you it's the most addictive, thrilling part of following a football club I have been part of. 

I did, yeah. It was great, don't get me wrong! And I have a few West Ham supporting friends who obviously loved their recent wins there, but the speed at which they're back to hating life in the Premier League is incredible 😂

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

looks like the wales game is heading to pens, lovely

Probably won’t make much difference on Friday .

Our best defender is banned and our most dangerous attackers been playing for Colombia, Canada and Georgia respectively so not had much rest themselves .

The latter will be celebrating for a day or two !

Edited by Super_horns

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably won’t make much difference on Friday .

Our best defender is banned and our most dangerous attackers been playing for Colombia, Canada and Georgia respectively so not had much rest themselves .

The latter will be celebrating for a day or two !

nailed on Watford win then for me:ph34r:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Also Kieffer Moore won’t be too happy. Anyone else notice how little Ward looked like he cared? 

Yeah, looked like he didn't take it seriously at all. 

I think Wales have got quite a decent side coming through at the minute, still got some old heads they probably need to sack off now but couple of years they could have a decent team. They need to find a GK though, the fact their No.1 is third choice in the championship and hasn't played this season, not great.

11 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He doesn't start anyway! 

He's become a very important player for Leeds. Their fans love him.

Good that Ampadu and James both played 120 minutes. Hopefully that penalty miss knocks the confidence out of James too!

What were Wales playing at still putting Ward in goal? Bloke hasn't played a minute all season.

Surely there's a keeper out there better than Ward or Hennessey, or at least a young one that will be better who they may as well blood now?

Edited by ealingfox

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What were Wales playing at still putting Ward in goal? Bloke hasn't played a minute all season.

Surely there's a keeper out there better than Ward or Hennessey, or at least a young one that will be better who they may as well blood now?

Said this in another thread, but they picked four keepers in the squad who had a played a combined one game between them this season and that was one of them playing in a League Cup game in August. I guess they hedged their bets and thought Ward looked the most ready. 

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Rudkin straight on the phone to Top “ Listen your majesty, I have a cunning plan …… I ring up and tell Wales that we will not allow Wardy to join any further Welsh squads as he will always be conveniently injured for international breaks BUT we are willing to sell him to them at a special price of 15 million to help us in our fight for footballing justice ,,,,,,,,genius eh , Top, genius,,,you still there ?”

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

They have just done re-development work at St Andrews but Birmingham are looking for a new ground it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czvz9141wpzo

I'm surprised they haven't applied to move into the Alexander Stadium, following the redevelopment of the commonwealth games. 

I think a much sensible option would be to demotion St Andrews and rebuild on the site. Perhaps a three season ground share at say CBS whilst this is being done or even The Hawthorns. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

On 26/03/2024 at 08:26, Tractor said:

I dunno, I'm inclined to agree with this, to be honest. It's the same for most clubs. You're probably different because you've experienced what was - let's be honest - an absolutely ridiculous and impossible season that should never have happened on paper (and will probably never happen again), but the reality is that breaking into the Premier League is getting more difficult every year. 

I've said it before (and been roundly dismissed for it), but if we could take the other positives - massive cash injection, parachute payments and the increased worldwide fanbase/influx of the 'next generation' of local fans - and stay playing in the Championship, I'd love that. It's a great league and the Premier League, for all its hype about being the best in the world, really isn't. 

Maybe we'll go up and consolidate, become a mid-table team and 'do a West Ham', but is that really more fun than being a club competing at the top end of the Champ? I don't think so. The odd cup run and maybe a Euro Conference jaunt gloss over it a bit, but the Prem is a closed shop. 

You know what I used to say this a lot during our last spell in this league but honestly this season has reminded me about the bad stuff - the terrible officiating, the poor governance, the total anonymity and lack of exposure your games get. Players can score worldies and only a few hundred people that weren't at the game know about it. I admit the trip to Chelsea last week made me appreciate the Championship fan banter more over what you get at these tourist clubs but there's nothing like being at the top table. And I guarantee our kissing cousins up the A46 will confirm that after 23 years away.

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's become a very important player for Leeds. Their fans love him.

Good that Ampadu and James both played 120 minutes. Hopefully that penalty miss knocks the confidence out of James too!

Fair enough, just read Roberts, Rutter, Gnoto, Firpo and Gruev are all doubts for Friday.