Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Md9 said:

It’s quite funny seeing how annoyed the Leeds fans are getting today . Like to dish out but can’t take it . 

There are some decent high profile fans amongst their group but the fact that the majority took huge offence to Enzo's comments which absolutely were correct at the time and we're merely reacting to the discourse now is class. They'd do well to ignore it as they've really not got any way to spin it in favour of them.

The "rent free" and "Leeds are massive" narratives are a little embarrassing considering their predicament. Find shame :D

I am absolutely going to love this final day and playoff campaign knowing we’re safe and sound with our Championship Trophy😁

Whichever combination of teams are in the final should make for a cracking game. 

Dream scenario for me;

Ipswich get automatic promotion. 
Leeds vs West Brom playoff final

West Brom win on penalties😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

didnt leeds fans, well some say theyve got the best team in the league?

so surely finishing 3rd is a fail then.....

after last night i kinda want Ipswich to go up, but i suspect theyll sneak a draw tonight and finish the job on the last day......when Leeds go ahead early against Saints but then Ipswich win in the 94min

Curiously, Southampton are 5th in both the home and away tables, but easily 4th in the overall table.

For me, the ideal pair of clubs to get promoted with us would be Ipswich and Norwich, leaving Yorkshire without any PL clubs.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

r/Championship is the most hilariously bitter place on social media right now lol

It's been a fairly funny sub all season because they do that through-gritted-teeth thing where they pretend everyone is friendly and it's all banter but there's so much jealous needle in there, especially given its 70% Leeds and Sunderland fans, it's ****ing hilarious. 

Right now every post is either snide comments about us having more money and better players or just saying we'll be back next year anyway because obviously we're getting a 100 point deduction and we're crap really. lol

So much copium. I've never seen so much. 

r/Championship - Mark Robins what have you got for us?

some pretty funny stuff on there atm

Would take some checking, but I'm pretty sure, from matchday 33 onwards (start of our 'wobble' with home loss vs Middlesbrough) , we were never not top, had all games been played simultaneously/teams not have games in hand etc? 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

25 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

didnt leeds fans, well some say theyve got the best team in the league?

so surely finishing 3rd is a fail then.....

after last night i kinda want Ipswich to go up, but i suspect theyll sneak a draw tonight and finish the job on the last day......when Leeds go ahead early against Saints but then Ipswich win in the 94min

The best team to finish third. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

r/Championship is the most hilariously bitter place on social media right now lol

It's been a fairly funny sub all season because they do that through-gritted-teeth thing where they pretend everyone is friendly and it's all banter but there's so much jealous needle in there, especially given its 70% Leeds and Sunderland fans, it's ****ing hilarious. 

Right now every post is either snide comments about us having more money and better players or just saying we'll be back next year anyway because obviously we're getting a 100 point deduction and we're crap really. lol

So much copium. I've never seen so much. 

So funny. They’ve been singing I Predict A Riot all season apparently. Obsessed. 😂😂

Logically, we should want the weakest 2 teams of the remaining promotion candidates to go up with us, as we are more likely to finish above them next season in the PL. So definitely not Leeds and Southampton. I think the best case scenario for us is for Ipswich to finish 2nd and Norwich to win the play-offs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Be nice for Ipswich  to get a point so it gives leeds something to cling to ,only for them both to win and sail away  on a river of salty tears.

Nah - would love Ipswich to hamer Cov tonight. Ipswich deserve it too, they have been brilliant all season. Go and win there next 2 and send a dejected Leeds into the playoffs.

• Like 1

didnt realise how many Leeds have 10 players on loan that are all decent sized contracts too. 

If they dont go up could easily be shafted if they dont shift a few one them on. 

Plus they will likely lose Gnonto and Summerville. Rodon likely to go back to Spurs to be sold too. 

• Haha 1

Putting aside relegation clauses and reduced money. I wonder if some players who have their entire career at mid or lower table Premier would appreciate a season in the Championship and win it and have a tangible reward.  Thinking of the joy expressed by Harry Winks for example 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Putting aside relegation clauses and reduced money. I wonder if some players who have their entire career at mid or lower table Premier would appreciate a season in the Championship and win it and have a tangible reward.  Thinking of the joy expressed by Harry Winks for example 

I was thinking this last night. I even loved our season in league 1 and that feeling of winning the league. 

You just don't get these highs if you sit mid to lower table in a league for most years. 

It's a rollercoaster with some really low days, but nights like yesterday are just incredible. 

• Like 1