Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Blue Maff

Tielemans to villa

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I joked a few weeks that his level was Aston Villa or West Ham.....even though I said it I didn't think it would happen

When he originally decided to run his contract down I heard he had his heart set on Liverpool but his form over the last 18 months put an end to any chance of that happening and his options must of seriously been limited

Anyone who knows football will know that deep down he will be massively underwhelmed with this. As many have said he could have had his pick of clubs 18-24 months ago but he’s settled for a team who haven’t and won’t achieve what we did finishing 5th and winning a high level domestic trophy. And I say that with the full realisation that Emery might do a very very good job at there.

Let’s see how hard he runs and challenges for the ball, before he gets bored and downs tools that is.

56 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

He's gone. He was sometimes good, sometimes bad. But he's no longer a Leicester player so I couldn't care less where he goes. 

Close thread. 

If your not in interested in the thread don’t post in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

I don't understand why he has gone there ,maybe the top 6 clubs don't think he is good enough 

After a few seasons top managers/scouts have a full picture of Tielemans including his PL and national Belgium team appearances/performances. One major issue they possibly see is that he can't dictate the midfield despite glimpses of quality he has shown. Belgium was 1st in the ranking of national teams worldwide but they failed to make an impact in major tournaments and crucial games. Our team that got relegated has 4 internationals of this nation. 

I'm not saying he's a bad a player but I very much doubt any top club would invest on him. They'd rather sign Modric when he's 40.

This thread lol.It’s as if he’s signed for gulag fc on a 25 year contract.He’s just secured his family’s future and moved to a club which is his current level at this moment in time.Someone mentioned West Ham.It wouldn’t have surprised me.I doubt it would have surprised the player either.

He’s still got the option to pull his finger out his backside and improve.Probably won’t take it but it’s an option.

The poor YOURI , was looking to join a elite team , he refused to sign for us as the gunners promised to come for him , well YOURI I am so glad u got what u deserve. The gunners dropped u like a hot potato, and I think u will spend a lot of time sitting on the villa bench , maybe buy a pillow I think u will need it . 

• Haha 1

One of my pals is a villa fan, he's said he won't get in the first 11 as their CM is better then what he can offer 

Told him on his day he's different class, but we haven't seen the Youri we first signed for the last 18 months, he's blowing out his arse within 60 mins, hardly ever see him running (as daft as that sounds) and don't let his worldie goals every couple of months fool you 

Don't get me wrong he will go down in history for his FA cup goal, but the way he's completely downed tools the last couple of seasons leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth 

Lets be honest and not kid ourselves, at this moment in time Villa is a step up, but it's nowhere near the step up he was expecting to get 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Or perhaps Villa moved quickly, and established why they want him? 

Moved quickly? 😂

He’s been tarting himself around Europe for over a season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

How he’s played the last 6 months, I’d not be surprised if he struggles to get into the Villa side.

And I wouldn’t have said that 18 months ago!

He needs to slim down and toughen up, or Emery won’t play him 

As ive stated before, he played one committed game for us in 18 months (man utd away) otherwise 

he was the player that got caught in possession from behind so many times and then could not run to win it back,

well shut of him, for me ranks below Akinbiyi as at least he gave 100% 

Not sure if this has already been said up thread, but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we'd stayed up, and Villa hadn't made Europe. I know that's two if's, but not outrageous ones. Would he have really seen the move as a step up? Or, had it just gone stale here for him, and he needed a fresh challenge, even if it was on a similar level?

12 hours ago, kingston_fox said:

Confirms he overstated his value. Cant imagine the signing on fee is that astronomical and he doesn't even get champions league football.

Guess he gets to stay local and as you said, takes a side ways step

It can't be a sideways step though, can it? He's playing in the prem next season we ain't.

8 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s about his level… very over rated player 

Way too good for us, then.

Youri just isn't physical enough to play for one of the big six sides or one of the absolute continental giants like Bayern or Barca.  Too slow, not strong enough.  Villa is a very decent side with an outstanding manager, and he'll have to fight for regular starts there, but if he plays like he did 2-3 years ago he should be part of their first 11.

Overall, I think that we were far more patient with him than the Monoco fans. He'll be a decent squad/cup player for Villa especially as a free transfer (although he will have negotiated a very decent contract). That said, I don't think that he'll get the same free ride at Villa unless he can make a career based on a worldie Cup final winner for them. Sadly, his fitness/motivation is short lived. 

12 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

It can't be a sideways step though, can it? He's playing in the prem next season we ain't.

I think the general feeling is  its a sideways step from where he was 2 years ago when he refused to sign a new contract with us, because he wanted to be playing for a champions league club.