Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

Winks was a regular for Sampdoria, Spurs are as much as I hate to say it a decent team.

Signing some solid but unspectacular players seems entirely sensible after last year.

We were so inconsistent having players who regularly put in 7 or 8 out of 10 performances will do.

Reminds me of Albrighton as a signing albeit different positions 

• Like 4

I can't think of any other club that would spend £17 million on Harry Winks and Conor Coady.

They're saying its not connected but it is, we've struggled to get deals over the line for years so this was an easy option to get done at the same time as Maddison. I wish we'd go back to scouting players and signing those on the up instead of down.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I can't think of any other club that would spend £17 million on Harry Winks and Conor Coady.

They're saying its not connected but it is, we've struggled to get deals over the line for years so this was an easy option to get done at the same time as Maddison. I wish we'd go back to scouting players and signing those on the up instead of down.

Sheffield United

Luton Town

Nottingham Forest

Crystal Palace

Leeds United

Southampton

Burnley

Bournemouth

Fulham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Think you're way wide of the mark there @Ric Flair

The "gamble" this summer on players like Winks and Coady, who will both be class at this level, is nothing like the way we were running the club before and the situation we got ourselves in.

I think a few signings like this with selling Premier League quality players the chance to get straight up with us and be established in a Premier League team (using Kasper, Morgan, Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez as the example to them players) is exactly the way we should go.

People are underestimating how big it is to get all those wages off the bill and the £40m. With the parachute payments, the players who've gone out of contract and the inevitable money from Maddison, Castagne etc we are in a superb position. We can afford to take calculated risks on a few signings to get us back straight away. Absolutely no doubt.

Yawn.

It's exactly like what gotten us in to this mess. Trying to remove the risk by paying over the odds for perceived experience and PL class on large wages that when it goes wrong we have minimal chance of getting rid of them.

Coady I can understand even if we'll be wedging him up something whacky. Winks is as injury prone as they come and that'll really ramp up when he's buckled that suspect ankle on the killing fields of Seagrave. 

I SEE NO CHANGES

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It`s wierd but when I read moronic crap like this nowadays I get more annoyed at people liking it than the ones actually posting!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yawn.

It's exactly like what gotten us in to this mess. Trying to remove the risk by paying over the odds for perceived experience and PL class on large wages that when it goes wrong we have minimal chance of getting rid of them.

Coady I can understand even if we'll be wedging him up something whacky. Winks is as injury prone as they come and that'll really ramp up when he's buckled that suspect ankle on the killing fields of Seagrave. 

I SEE NO CHANGES

It’s very different buying these players in the PL compared to the championship.

1 hour ago, KansasFox said:

Is that Mike Dean, enjoying retirement? 

No - it is our latest signing from Southampton on 70k a week on a 4 year contract.

Leicester Life Assurance -  for the best PFA approved Retirement solutions plus extended breaks at the Seagrave Rest Home

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yawn.

I SEE NO CHANGES

Yawn? Rude. Other people can express opinions Sir Ric.

Like others have said you were creaming about Tete so your opinion isn't exactly anything worth listening to all the time either. 

43 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It will be £17m IF we get promoted, I'd assume. 

47 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

@Ric Flair i wouldn't let this slide if i were you. 

I suggest Foxestalk boxing becomes a thing to sort out a few disputes.

I can go on the undercard against @filbertway if we can sort a venue. 

I'll undercard too.

I want Thracian out of retirement. We have unfinished business him and I

• Haha 3

just seen his record last season, although that’s not fair to label him with. featured in 1 victory all season. Gotta be mentally strong be playing abroad away from your home with that confidence around the place. 

Edited by CosbehFox