Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

4 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Yep I totally agree. He should be sold after checking out. 

We don’t want anyone that’s not 100% committed, much better they go - otherwise we will have another terrible season, in the championship it’s about fight and battling, no players self preservation for their next move 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Nope, we only want players that want to play for the shirt, we learnt that lesson last season 

Depends what you mean, loyalty to the club mainly due to it being their job then fair enough, but you cannot expect more except from the local lads.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Depends what you mean, loyalty to the club mainly due to it being their job then fair enough, but you cannot expect more except from the local lads.

Castagne publicly said last week he wants to move, so that’s what I mean - he physically doesn’t want to play for Leicester anymore….. so he won’t give 100% if he stays, that’s just human nature

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

My latest conclusion is Castagne and Choupo-Moting must have the same agent because christ almighty they get their players in some unbelievably unexpected teams. 

What?? Genk, Atalanta and Leicester City

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Castagne publicly said last week he wants to move, so that’s what I mean - he physically doesn’t want to play for Leicester anymore….. so he won’t give 100% if he stays, that’s just human nature

hhhmmm - if that 100% last season then lower than that in the Championship wouldn’t be ideal. Contrary to some opinion he was totally crap last year 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we’re asking for 15m euro’s and not pounds then that works out at around £12.8m.

Truthfully I expect us to get £12m for him if we can get £15m then that’s good business.

Are you for real????

I agree ...

If we are asking £12.8m and we get £15m then yes! That's good business.

Are you an ostrich? 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Are you for real????

I agree ...

If we are asking £12.8m and we get £15m then yes! That's good business.

Are you an ostrich? 

My point was I expected us to get around £12m for him. That point wasn’t speaking about what we was asking for. 

But yeah nice one fella.

• Like 1

He was good for us before his injuries.

I don't think he checked out unlike others, And no one would be complaining if his last minute effort aganst West Ham had gone in to keep us in the Premiership.

Time to let him go now though, He's had some major injuries.

if we can recover most of our money all the better. 

• Like 1

Tielemans thought he'd get the move Castagne is getting. Tielemans should be going to a big club like Juventus and Castagne should be joining a meh club like Aston Villa.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Tielemans thought he'd get the move Castagne is getting. Tielemans should be going to a big club like Juventus and Castagne should be joining a meh club like Aston Villa.

They are both in the Conference League next season.

On 17/06/2023 at 07:57, foxfanazer said:

Where were his 6 and 7/10 performances last season. His positional sense is up there with one of the worst I've ever seen

...did he have this problem when he came here,  it wasn't something that was said at the time!!!

He has progressively got worst and his inability to do the basics whilst defending, seems to be symptomatic of the whole team especially for last season.

For 15m euros, it is low in respect of the quality of the player but on last season's showing, this might be our best offer.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He was good for us before his injuries.

I don't think he checked out unlike others, And no one would be complaining if his last minute effort aganst West Ham had gone in to keep us in the Premiership.

Time to let him go now though, He's had some major injuries.

if we can recover most of our money all the better. 

Agreed, he didn't stop trying.  Not the same lack of effort as some, notably Tielemans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...did he have this problem when he came here,  it wasn't something that was said at the time!!!

He has progressively got worst and his inability to do the basics whilst defending, seems to be symptomatic of the whole team especially for last season.

For 15m euros, it is low in respect of the quality of the player but on last season's showing, this might be our best offer.

I think like many he's a victim of Rodgers and the culture around the club in the last couple of years. Theres so many players you can say it about, Ndidi being a big example.

Just think it's better to move these on as the rot has already set in

42 minutes ago, Corky said:

They are both in the Conference League next season.

True. But one is clearly much bigger than the other. Juventus will play Champions League soon enough. Aston Villa probably never will 

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Agree with this. His better performances feel a distant memory, take the money and let’s reinvest.

He's one of those players who, when the going is good, makes those around him function even better. He's great in a good team.

When the road is not so smooth though he becomes entirely inefficient. Like slick tyres on gravel.

Entirely context dependant which is why a team who are almost assured to be 'in' every game will covet him.

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He's one of those players who, when the going is good, makes those around him function even better. He's great in a good team.

When the road is not so smooth though he becomes entirely inefficient. Like slick tyres on gravel.

Entirely context dependant which is why a team who are almost assured to be 'in' every game will covet him.

Wouldn't say entirely inefficient. I think he's getting a bit of bad press. I quite like him. Yes, he was a little inconsistent at times, but the whole team was and when you have brain fart Amartey next to you it will make you more nervous as a player and your decisions. His effort was definitely there. 

£15m for him is good business for all parties I think, but to say he was entirely inefficient is a bit harsh.