Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Juve are a shambles right now, Cuadrado is getting older, getting someone like Tim who'll put in 6 or 7/10 performances week in week out while being able to play a whole host of positions is somewhat of a no-brainer if he's available for 15m. Belgian international, experience in Italy and European competitions 

Where were his 6 and 7/10 performances last season. His positional sense is up there with one of the worst I've ever seen

• Like 1

Weird how he gets linked with Arsenal, then the likes of Bournemouth, and now Juventus lol

Another player that could leave for a better club, like Soyuncu did. Makes you question how he's been utilised here... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Surely we should be asking for £15-20m at least!

not from Italy 

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Does he have the best agent in football?

Am I missing something?

Are big clubs just stupid?

What's going on?

10 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He's shite, think he's elite but he really isn't. Wouldn't have been anywhere near the team if Justin and Ricky were fit

3 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

As per the majority he was absolutely shite last season. £15m would have their pants down and a roger up the arse

he’s first choice wing back for one of the top sides in international football but he’s apparently shite 

I saw some stats the other days for distance covered this season by Pl players - something we’ve been looking at our squad about re a lack of fitness and effort.. JWP as usual high up - I think pascal gross was top - Timmy was in the top ten. 

he always has a ricket in him each game - just have to hope it’s in the opposition final third !  His indecision taking throw ins is legendary 

but he’s a quality full back and no surprise that he’s one of the easier players will lose from the roster. We’ll try to get 15/20 but if it’s Italy, we’ll probably have to take 12m 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So we do need to sell him. 

Yes - next summer he’ll only have one year left and full back is an area where we have cover. 
in addition, he has wanted to leave for a while and we will have bids for him in double figures

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Juve are a shambles right now, Cuadrado is getting older, getting someone like Tim who'll put in 6 or 7/10 performances week in week out while being able to play a whole host of positions is somewhat of a no-brainer if he's available for 15m. Belgian international, experience in Italy and European competitions 

Where we these 7/10 performances every week last season, think you are being very generous.Personally thought he was awful but because we had even worse in the team, Ward to name just one, he seemed to in general get away with it.

27 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Where we these 7/10 performances every week last season, think you are being very generous.Personally thought he was awful but because we had even worse in the team, Ward to name just one, he seemed to in general get away with it.

Think he was far from the worst in a very low confidence awful defensive unit tbh. He does seem to be beyond salvation after some sub-for some though, which I find a bit strange, a kind of inverse favourite.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

not from Italy 

he’s first choice wing back for one of the top sides in international football but he’s apparently shite 

I saw some stats the other days for distance covered this season by Pl players - something we’ve been looking at our squad about re a lack of fitness and effort.. JWP as usual high up - I think pascal gross was top - Timmy was in the top ten. 

he always has a ricket in him each game - just have to hope it’s in the opposition final third !  His indecision taking throw ins is legendary 

but he’s a quality full back and no surprise that he’s one of the easier players will lose from the roster. We’ll try to get 15/20 but if it’s Italy, we’ll probably have to take 12m 

So that proves he ran around a lot - often chasing someone who’d gone past him. He was crap last year your eyes should t deceive you 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Quite surprised by the response by many on here, happy for him to go but to see him getting slated is a bit far. Think he's done ok for us, always steady away, had glimpses of looking like a real talent, other times he looked like a player in a relegation squad. For me just another player with the stench of the last 24 months all over him, a result of the previous managers lack of management- not his fault and something that he was supposedly very frustrated about himself. Can't agree he didn't seem to care or try either. £15m and his wage of the books would be a sound conclusion. 

Agree with pretty much all of this. he's one of our more saleable assets and and anything between 10 and 15 million would be decent enough considering his wages would also go from the books. He's been far from our worst player in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

He’s terrible in the air.

Loses his men whilst defending.

Has to tackle as he hasn’t got the foresight to see and intercept.

Gets dragged out of position.

Was good as going forward as an inverted fullback. However not on Ricardo levels.

He’s okay, however I’ve never been a fan, even when we were playing okay. I’ve said it before but he epitomises the Belgium national team. So much promise, however fails to deliver in key moments.

He is a steady 6 out of 10 most weeks and it can’t have been easy playing alongside Amartey and Faes though. For £12m we can re-invest and it would be nice to get his wages off the book. 

Exactly, can see the club going with Ricky, JJ, Thomas and Kristensen with youngsters providing depth incase of injuries… means the £12m doesn’t need to be used for a replacement and go hopefully straight into the kitty.

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

So that proves he ran around a lot - often chasing someone who’d gone past him. He was crap last year your eyes should t deceive you 

Yes mate - he was asked to get forward on the right because Barnes was high up on the left and we often played without width on the right as that player inverted 

so he was having to get back and cover when we lost possession on the other side of the pitch. 

And im not excusing his poor positioning at times covering the back post 

• Like 2