Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Said it before and will say it again, bar his two goals early doors KDH has been pretty poor. I would drop him. I would also like to see a plan B where we can be a bit more direct and quicker. Doesn’t mean you abandon the overall process, you just change it up a bit at times in order to wrong foot the opposition. 

Time will tell. We aren’t Man City. We did dominate much of the game today and we didn’t get the breaks. Officials were also shite. However a slightly more flexible tactical approach is no bad thing. 

Agree. Hasn’t done much of note other than slow us down whilst trying to get the ball onto his left foot. 

I wonder if what;s happening to Burnley at the moment could be a glimpse into the future for us.

A team that walked this league, led by a Pep disciple and trying to play that expansive brand of football in the PL and getting whupped every week.  

If we do manage to get promotion this year I hope there is a plan for next year.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Not sure Enzo is quite as good as we hoped, Got well turned over today didnt change the set up and no urgency until the last 15

It’s very early days so I’m willing to give him time, but I do somewhat agree with the premise. He’s worked under arguably the most tactically astute manager we have ever seen. 

Yet so far we have not beat anyone based on superior tactics. 
Either the tactics aren’t working as they should, or the players can’t play them yet. 
If the players can’t play them yet then we shouldn’t be attempting too until they are ready. 

So far Enzos tactics have largely been completely nullified and individual quality has seen us through. Not sold yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

On a game like today, I don’t think you gain anything from having Pereira inverted.

Whereas if we had traditional full backs, you’d have had them on the overlap. The game was far too congested centrally. 

Spot on.

3 5 2 with wing backs.

Why invert your best wing back?

1 hour ago, sbfox said:

Not aimed at anyone in this thread, genuinely, but it depresses me no end when English football fans can only see as far as 442, overlapping wing backs pinging crosses in, or two up top and see what happens. 

This new system will take time, but let's not kid ourselves that Maresca is a maverick trying out wild new tactics. This system works and is proven. It will need time to embed and get everyone singing from the same sheet. 

I think you a being a smite snobbish. 

I'm an advocate for a 442 this season as we have better players than the opposition. Why over complicate, when we'd win anyway?  Why give the opposition.a.chance as we experiment with an entire philosophy.

My core wouldve been JJ at RB, VK left. Souttar (to mitigate our small keeper and defensive worries from set prices) and Faes

Vardy and Kels.in tandem would pull defenses.all over the shop

IMO  we are jeopardising almost certain promotion with a probable one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think you a being a smite snobbish. 

I'm an advocate for a 442 this season as we have better players than the opposition. Why over complicate, when we'd win anyway?  Why give the opposition.a.chance as we experiment with an entire philosophy.

My core wouldve been JJ at RB, VK left. Souttar (to mitigate our small keeper and defensive worries from set prices) and Faes

Vardy and Kels.in tandem would pull defenses.all over the shop

IMO  we are jeopardising almost certain promotion with a probable one. 

JJ looked awful in his few games back before his last injury.

Souttar and VK were dropped by Smith.

Faes started the season well but has dropped off.

Other than putting the ball in the net we played well. Enzo made an error with starting ndidi, and yunus. We should of started with casadei and mavididi with yunus to come on. Other than that we would of won that game 9 times out of 10. This is football you win and you lose, but the style is great to watch. If anyone says it isn’t, then you don’t really know what you’re talking about. 

• Haha 1

really hope Coady is back for the next game seeing the ball being popped around with zip and then coming to a grinding halt with Vestergaard is far too rage enducing.

I want him to work with Souttar too Faes gets caught under the ball far too often for an inter

2 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Other than putting the ball in the net we played well. Enzo made an error with starting ndidi, and yunus. We should of started with casadei and mavididi with yunus to come on. Other than that we would of won that game 9 times out of 10. This is football you win and you lose, but the style is great to watch. If anyone says it isn’t, then you don’t really know what you’re talking about. 

Great to watch. Bloody hell fire.

22 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Either the tactics aren’t working as they should, or the players can’t play them yet. 
If the players can’t play them yet then we shouldn’t be attempting too until they are ready. 

Best way to learn is to use it.

You will lose games, sure, but when it clicks...

I see plenty of fans on social media comparing todays performance to what we endured under Puel and Rodgers lol

It's not even close to being as bad as that! 

The football we play under Maresca is enjoyable to watch. 

It's evident he has a plan and he has worked wonders to get the team playing the way we are in just over 2 months. 

6 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Hmm. Yeah OK.

If that first half was great to watch, then it appears I don’t know what I’m talking about!