Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

I don’t like deals like this. I’m hoping it’s just been muddled in translation….. surely it just places more pressure to hit the ground running? Otherwise the longer he takes to settle the less likely he is going to play. Either sign him or don’t? 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t like deals like this. I’m hoping it’s just been muddled in translation….. surely it just places more pressure to hit the ground running? Otherwise the longer he takes to settle the less likely he is going to play. Either sign him or don’t? 

He doesn’t HAVE a to play half the games for us to sign him 

it’s just that if he does and we go up then we do HAVE to sign him 

if he’s decent but takes six months to settle then we’d likely still buy him 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

It was 12pm

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks a pretty safe bet given the midday deadline has already passed 😂 

Depends when the club submits the paperwork, not necessarily when they’ve announced the transfer. Cov didn’t announce Haji Wright until Friday night (if not later) before our game yet he magically appeared off the bench.

But yeah, I doubt we’re that organised. We’ll see. 

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Not just them. Bar Maddison, Brendan brodgered every single player we had, mentally or physically or both, over an 18 month to two year period. 

I'd argue he even halted Maddisons development, just less so than other players.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Bit unfair to include Lookman in a list of Failures.

Thought he was good when he was here,  and when he left, there was a noticeable void in quality there, which we still have now.

I'd take Lookman back over any of those we have been linked with.

What's actually intersting about Lookman, I know everyone got themselves in a bit of a tiz last year jerking off over how many goals he was scoring and how we should have bought him. It's worth establishing he was largely playing down the middle. They had him playing as a sort of 10 off the main forward. He was never going to play that role here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

I'm hoping he's going to be a bit more like Knockeart rather Ghezzal if he's not that quick🤞🏻

I really don't know where this idea that he's a donkey has come from. Everyone's going way overboard with his pace. 

Just go and watch any footage of him playing, he's got cracking agility and a decent burst of acceleration. He's not prime Vardy but he doesn't need to be. Knockaert was properly sluggish, Ghezzal was downright SLOW. Akgun isn't as quick as Under but he's alright.

I'd say comparable pace to Riyad who wasn't and isn't electric.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I really don't know where this idea that he's a donkey has come from. Everyone's going way overboard with his pace. 

Just go and watch any footage of him playing, he's got cracking agility and a decent burst of acceleration. He's not prime Vardy but he doesn't need to be. Knockaert was properly sluggish, Ghezzal was downright SLOW. Akgun isn't as quick as Under but he's alright.

I'd say comparable pace to Riyad who wasn't and isn't electric.

That's sounds good then, to be fair though I've not watched any footage of him.