Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

TBH rudkin pulled off a good deal here

small loan fee. Gives us 25 games at him to make a decision. 

It's ideal, we have a player who has great potential but could also flop. Taking him on loan for a small fee with a 25 game trigger means it has lots of potential upside with little downside.

Under had a similar profile when he came here, at his peak he was considered a wonderkid with a high ceiling but we seen very little evidence of that and dodged a bullet. 25 games is ample time to either trigger it or slow it down so we're not obligated.

4 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Kristiansen, Souttar, Tete, Soumaré, Faes

I don't think we can make proper judgements about any of these players because of the Rodgers factor.

Poor sods jumped onto a rotten deck

Well Enzo has apparently made a proper judgement that he doesn't want/need Kristiansen, Souttar and Soumaré.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So is he any good or not?

Or shall we give him the customary Foxestalk 45 minutes to prove himself 

Let’s not do that.

the facts- he’s a winger that we are signing. Not the best prognosis.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve never found a business or first class service that brought my luggage away from the riffraff 

I’m sure they exist but won’t be on Turkish to brum

however, if he and his agent only have small cases then they can have stuck them in the overhead on business and he could send larger luggage on via courier or more likely he will go back to Istanbul early next week to pack extensively and return 

Was in business class Bham to Newark. Fuchs got his own bags off the carousel. Was too scared to say hello…

20 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Kristiansen, Souttar, Tete, Soumaré, Faes

I don't think we can make proper judgements about any of these players because of the Rodgers factor.

Poor sods jumped onto a rotten deck

Not just them. Bar Maddison, Brendan brodgered every single player we had, mentally or physically or both, over an 18 month to two year period. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

He could be registered in time for the Tranmere game?

Given his contract reportedly includes a buy clause related to number of appearances I’m guessing we won’t use him in the cups, at least initially 

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I hear he thrived in a counter attacking system in 21-22 but massively struggled against low blocks for Galatasaray. Currently we are a heavily possession based team facing low blocks most weeks.

Do you think Akgun has what it takes to play in such a system or have we targetted the wrong profile of player?

he can contribute coming off the bench. But he'll definitely struggle against low blocks as you mentioned. I guess whether he is the wrong player for you depends on your aim here.

39 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Given his contract reportedly includes a buy clause related to number of appearances I’m guessing we won’t use him in the cups, at least initially 

Often don’t count to appearances tally in relation to transfer deals 

Edited by CosbehFox

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tete has an extremely good track record in domestic football. 

The one blip on his career is a loan spell at a relegation threatened club with a manager that didn't appear to want him. 

People really need to get it in to their heads that he's a much better footballer than we saw in a few months here. 

As was Under.