Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I think Dennis Praet has the technical ability to play Winks' role if, and it's a big if, he stays fit.

The thought of even trying makes me feel ill. I've learned this season that i can't second guess Enzo and if he thinks Dennis can do that then so be it.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I think Dennis Praet has the technical ability to play Winks' role if, and it's a big if, he stays fit.

Doesn't have the tenacious of Winks or his work rate and defensive awareness.

I think Enzo would use Casadei in that role 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Doesn't have the tenacious of Winks or work rate.

Not sure,  Dennis can be busy, although not sure that’s quite the missing attribute, maybe composure.

Almost seems like Yunus would be a more natural stand-in

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure,  Dennis can be busy, although not sure that’s quite the missing attribute, maybe composure.

Almost seems like Yunus would be a more natural stand-in

Dennis is always on peripheral, Winks is the heartbeat of the side.

When the going got tough at LCFC Preat is no where to be seen.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Dennis is always on peripheral, Winks is the heartbeat of the side.

When the going got tough at LCFC Preat is no where to be seen.

Isn’t Praet normally wide right when he is on the pitch though (rather than the treatment table)?

Not suggesting he is the answer, he is to unreliable in his availability.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn’t Praet normally wide right when he is on the pitch though (rather than the treatment table)?

Not suggesting he is the answer, he is to unreliable in his availability.

Nope, generally over his career his CM or ACM only reason his played wide a City is his never been good or fit enough to force his way into the team centrally.

Screenshot_20231008_094445_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen how Maresca has developed players, Praet could be another. He's already suggesting Yunis, who was loaned as a winger, will be better as an inside player. I'd just like to see Praet given a chance (and I know part of problem lies with his injury record) as I don't think he's ever played in his best position regularly. He may not be the answer at no. 6, but you never know?

Edited by MGLCFC

25 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Enzo is not going to play Dennis Praet at 6. Choudhury is the back up and he can play Wilf there if he really needs too as well.

You may well be correct, but Wilf or Choudhury at 6 doesn't fill me with confidence. You need someone with good technical ability and is comfortable receiving the ball. IMO Praet is ahead of these 2 in those departments. Another option at 6, as others have suggested, is is Akgun.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why I mentioned in the Euro 2024 that Winks could be an outside bet for making the England squad along side Rice ( it won’t happen but)

CIES Football Observatory list of 100 best midfield distributors, he’s 13th on the list which is topped by Rodri.
Whilst 13th that is the 2nd highest from English leagues (after Rodri) but more importantly it makes him the top Englishman on the list, Rice is next some 29/30 places behind followed by Henderson.

Will also make transfer windows interesting 

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost435

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 23:22, simoncccccc said:

Showed artistic talent tonight. 100% passing accuracy, whilst simultaneously creating a picture of a player trapping the ball with his left foot.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 23-15-42 Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread.png

I just want to pull this up as being the best comment on foxestalk I've ever seen. Think about it daily 

• Like 2

Still find it mad that we managed to sign this guy. Clearly no prem teams wanted to take a risk but he easily walks into at least 8 or 9 teams in the prem. Watching Palace tonight and he's comfortably better than anything they've got. 

• Like 1