Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Not sure about that. He missed a few headers including the one that gave them a free header in the box.

I just can’t work out how he seems to mistime every ****ing jump. Absolutely honking in the air 

• Like 2

He was fine.  Marshalled things in the box, won some headers both in defense and attack, didn't get caught out too often.

Basically matches like this are why Enzo is relying on him.  He had a ton of time on the ball on a lot of responsibility for starting our attacks, and he's calm and willing to attempt a difficult pass when the moment allows.  For all his flaws Vesty is composed and comfortable in possession and that's something we need this season the way most of our opposition will set up against us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He was fine.  Marshalled things in the box, won some headers both in defense and attack, didn't get caught out too often.

Basically matches like this are why Enzo is relying on him.  He had a ton of time on the ball on a lot of responsibility for starting our attacks, and he's calm and willing to attempt a difficult pass when the moment allows.  For all his flaws Vesty is composed and comfortable in possession and that's something we need this season the way most of our opposition will set up against us. 

From what I have seen, Souttar is not bad either. And he is a better defender and wins most headers. I cannot see why Vesty can be ahead of Souttar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

I just can’t work out how he seems to mistime every ****ing jump. Absolutely honking in the air 

Have you seen how tall he is! The time it takes for the information to get from his brain to his legs, can't blame the fella! :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I'm still confused by the amount of ball walking he did... 🤷‍♀️

Edit: ah, having just watched Enzo's post match interview I see it wasn't a tactic, Huddersfield were man marking the others so much they were happy to let Vesty and Faes walk across the pitch.

Edited by AmyLGK

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

From what I have seen, Souttar is not bad either. And he is a better defender and wins most headers. I cannot see why Vesty can be ahead of Souttar.

Because he is a far better passer so suits Enzo’s style I assume

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Well seeing as he obviously is ahead of Souttar, and Maresca and his team see them both in training every day, it's pretty obvious that Vestergaard must be better at the things that Maresca thinks are important, and that any comparative defensive deficiencies don't outweigh that in his mind.

Either that or Maresca is a clueless idiot, and I think we've already seen enough to know he isn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Daymmn though the boy is slow, running back to defend the 1v1 with the Cardiff player & was miles away. Lucky for us though, that Championship strikers are unable to score. 

yes him and Faes must be the slowest 2 centre backs in the league.

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Unpopular opinion and I'd rather have Justin in there but he's playing OK and looks at home in that system. 

Yeah he’s not played badly at all, plays some lovely passes and is by far our best ball playing CB. Suffers from the midfield being too static and then not getting back well enough on the transition