Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 hour ago, Ed 1 said:

This is the bit that irks me greatly. Few saying he did the same at open training session which I find particularly distasteful as there were so many young kids wishing to meet their “heroes”. 

His name was booed at the start when the line ups were announced. I'm not sure I'd be hanging around to applaud people who did that to me either. 

1 minute ago, blueharmie said:

When Enzo gave him a bollocking at the end of the match I'm sure he mouthed back "it wasn't my fault "

Anyway, he totally shite. 

Makes Matt mills look like japp stam

If that's the case, I can't see that going down well with Maresca at all. Lack of taking responsibility is suicidal and is a key trait at Man City. Anyone not willing to adopt this at LCFC could be fatal

• Like 1

We need a defender first and foremost in the back line with a little bit of pace.  I'm not too fussed if he can pass the ball well, defend the ball well and go from there.  He did look half competent in the first half when we dominated the ball but it's clear if you are the opposing team to put him under pressure as this clearly is where the weakness is.  What I cannot understand is that he has all the attributes when you look at him to suggest he should be a competent CB at this level, but yet he hasn't shown anything at all to suggest that this is true.  We need a Wayne Brown or a Spencer Prior to sort him out and show him how to defend at this level.  lol

3 hours ago, Ed 1 said:

This is the bit that irks me greatly. Few saying he did the same at open training session which I find particularly distasteful as there were so many young kids wishing to meet their “heroes”. 

Did the same as early as Legia away when he’d only been here for a month

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't understand how someone who is 6ft6 can be so crap in the air

Won just 2 out of 5 aerial duels today

You rarely ever see him leave the ground when challenging for a header either. Its bizarre. 

Harry Souttar must be very unsettled to be behind Vestergaard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean2000 said:

His name was booed at the start when the line ups were announced. I'm not sure I'd be hanging around to applaud people who did that to me either. 

True. I can fully sympathise with his antipathy towards the fans. But, I'm not sure the obvious tension on both sides  - fans and player - will sit well with a manager. It could take a % off an individual performance or create a % of unnecessary pressure. He'll be gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean2000 said:

It's this unfortunately. His time here is over with the fans. We don't want to see him and he doesn't want to play in front of us. Unfortunately, he's had several opportunities to move on, but he'd rather stick around and pick his £3.5m\year paycheck.

Begs the question: Would you turn out to be booed by 32,000 fans every week for a year for 3.5m? I probably would :whistle:

Gave an opponent a 5m start, was 5 m behind him a few seconds later and was sauntering back into the box after being outpaced, instead of busting a gut.

Not the best in the air either.

It's not looking like there is a redemtion arc in the offing...

9 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

It's this unfortunately. His time here is over with the fans. We don't want to see him and he doesn't want to play in front of us. Unfortunately, he's had several opportunities to move on, but he'd rather stick around and pick his £3.5m\year paycheck.

Begs the question: Would you turn out to be booed by 32,000 fans every week for a year for 3.5m? I probably would :whistle:

I’d be happy with far worse conditions for that money

23 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Gave an opponent a 5m start, was 5 m behind him a few seconds later and was sauntering back into the box after being outpaced, instead of busting a gut.

Not the best in the air either.

It's not looking like there is a redemtion arc in the offing...

And Enzo prefers him to Soutar?.. 

How shit must Soutar be ffs.