Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

On 02/09/2023 at 09:37, JimJams said:

Given Hamza has been earmarked as Ricardos cover, wouldn't it make more sense to have Wilf in there? Don't think there's anything Choudhury can do that Ndidi can't.

When we have the ball, yes, that would make sense, but our structure is fluid.

Hamza can slide into RB, which is what Ricardo does, when we don’t have the ball, whereas Wilf can’t. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for the Norwich match thread an hour before kick off, when people forget tonight's game and question his selection again.

His speed across the pitch in transition is why I think he's in the team. He will have off games as he learns a new role but he looked every bit a #10 tonight.

Bravo Enzo on seeing potential there.

• Like 2

I have to say I am still not convinced by Ndidi with his lack of ball control - he is unable to keep the ball within 2 feet of his feet - but he does have good instincts and so in the final third where we can gamble a bit with losing the ball Maresca is onto something here. Ndidi in pivot role or DM is just too risky and a handicap in beating the press. Now without that pressure he can do his pressing and running up top.

Talk about improving players - Rodgers just talks while Maresca actually do.

• Like 2

This was a great signing in the summer. This lad is decent attacking midfielder. 

In all seriousness, it to me, looks like Ndidi is really enjoying his new role in the more attacking sense. The more he plays, the more he understands how to play it. His quick feet for his finish was excellent. 

It'll be interesting how he copes against bigger teams in that role now. 

We all know that Ndidi is not a bad player! When he first joined City, he was excellent and being looked at by bigger clubs.

He’s another one who clearly suffered under Bodgers. Like so many, he lost confidence and didn’t really know what he was doing.

Enzo clearly rates him and he’s coming back to something of the player we knew he was.

Its great to see it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

He loves a shot from outside the box.  Last night's effort was decent and forced a good save.

Has he ever scored with a long range shot? 

Stoke at home a few years ago. Was it his first for us? Banger of a strike

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

He loves a shot from outside the box.  Last night's effort was decent and forced a good save.

Has he ever scored with a long range shot? 

I’m sure he pinged a few in for Genk before he joined us. One of the things everyone was excited about. 

• Like 1

Not sure who this box to box quick footed goal taker is but I like the look of him. 

Never thought him capable of an attacking pressing and moving performance I witnessed yesterday.

In front of a back four, yes a destroyer but on the ball no. 

Fair play Wilf - let’s hope Enzo can transform you - early days but hopefully you can do it.