Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

I'm thinking it helps your motivation if you're around motivated players with hunger in their eyes. I really can't put myself in the shoes of a pro footballer, the money they're paid, they should be motivated, but I still think the club have a major part to play in us going down, their decisions created a stale negative place to come to training and that was further demonstrated on the pitch, the club just didn't see the signs

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Fair play. Still can’t say I’ve been convinced by him in this more forward playing role though. Think I’d still prefer Praet there when he’s fit again or maybe Casedei if he turns out to be any good.

Lol, not digging you out pal, but this is FT all over. Preferring sexier new players over roadtested and successful players of our own. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Lol, not digging you out pal, but this is FT all over. Preferring sexier new players over roadtested and successful players of our own. 

Ndidi isn’t “roadtesred and successful” recently though is he? He was excellent 4 years ago, but was pretty awful in the last 2.5 seasons in the PL, and you can say at best he’s been inconsistent in his new role so far, having a couple of very good performances and a couple of very poor ones. 

My point was Casedei is untested and I’m not convinced by Ndidi in his new role, Casedei as it stands is essentially a wild card who could go either way, like I said I think I’d prefer him if he turns out to be good (which we don’t know yet), than persisting with a player who’s been crap for us for a long time now playing out of position.

On 17/09/2023 at 09:39, LinekersLugs said:

By Christmas he will be recognised as one of the most important players at the club again. 

wilf is finding his feet , finding his rhythm in this system and he is quickly becoming a press monster

Delights for Wilf has has some struggles off the field and has really worked hard this season 

WAS I WRONG … the man is becoming a star again ! 

• Like 3

I will accept hand written apologies from everyone who gave me grief in the Ndidi transfer thread :ph34r:
Jokes aside, I always felt like £15m for him was just ridiculous *IF* he could recover his form under the new manager, we know that at his peak he was a £50-60m player. He is proving how vital he could be. Even if he doesnt sign an extension, if he plays like this for the rest of the season, the £15m we could have got would be a blow but would be massively cushioned by his performances. If we go up he signs an extention 100%.

Just to reiterate, he's playing a completely new role. He is going to get better. He's a premier league player when everyone around him is working.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've said it before and will say it again, in terms of coaching Maresca is elite. Elite I tell you!

Forget the tactics or squad management for a second, coaching at it's most basic level is the ability to improve the individual. We are seeing Wilf do things that no one could ever imagine, and he's doing it consistently. Really, really impressive both from the player and coach.

Same can be said for how he's coached Vesty, Ricardo in some respects too. Really getting the best out of everyone.

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've said it before and will say it again, in terms of coaching Maresca is elite. Elite I tell you!

Forget the tactics or squad management for a second, coaching at it's most basic level is the ability to improve the individual. We are seeing Wilf do things that no one could ever imagine, and he's doing it consistently. Really, really impressive both from the player and coach.

Exactly this, and not just Wilf either. Vestergaard is litteraly bossing our defense and at times dictating play and starting attacks. Hamza went from us desperately trying to punt him and nowhere near the team, looking like a fairly important squad member in several positions. 

It really makes me want to see what he can do with Daka. Vardy and Nacho have been fine but if he can resurrect the LCFC career of those three then he can get Daka firing again. 

• Like 3