Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I hate to be that guy but he did start 7 games last month. Perhaps this is a lesson to Maresca that players, especially injury prone ones like Ndidi, need rotation. 

We don't know anything about the injury or how he's done it, so very premature to start blaming Maresca. It also doesn't help him that we haven't had many other options as Yunus has only just returned, mcateer has been injured and Casadei is crap. 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We don't know anything about the injury or how he's done it, so very premature to start blaming Maresca. It also doesn't help him that we haven't had many other options as Yunus has only just returned, mcateer has been injured and Casadei is crap. 

He did it during the Cardiff game. Muscle injuries usually occur due to a lack of rest, I am not purely blaming Maresca because Ndidi has been injury prone for a while but he was gambling with the fitness of our players with an unchanged lineup in a congested period.

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I hate to be that guy but he did start 7 games last month. Perhaps this is a lesson to Maresca that players, especially injury prone ones like Ndidi, need rotation. 

I agree with that, but to be fair, no one that came into his place looked anywhere near as good as Wilf did.

We were never going to go through this season without at least one notable injury, given how many games there are. In fact, it's inevitable that this happens to more players.

It's a shame for Wilf though, I hope that doesn't spell the end of his career. I think he's done enough to get a new contract, though he's someone I think will end up in Saudi as they will probably jump at the chance to sign him for no transfer fee and the wages they are willing to pay are insane.

14 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Got Casesei, Yunus and also Riccy P could slot into an 8 with Hamza inverting. He’ll be a huge miss but I’d say if one of Winks KDH and Ndidi were out for a spell you’d take Ndidi missing game time over the others 

Yunus seems to be the only one who has genuine flair and attacking ability out of those and even he seems to be struggling to hit top gear. I'd be up for getting someone else in on loan.

Such is the way the fixtures fall, and the fact he likely wouldn't be rushed back during the easter period (basically part of March), he might only play another 6 games this season! 

You'd like to think we'd be playing them without pressure too!

25 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

14 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He did it during the Cardiff game. Muscle injuries usually occur due to a lack of rest, I am not purely blaming Maresca because Ndidi has been injury prone for a while but he was gambling with the fitness of our players with an unchanged lineup in a congested period.

Maresca had mentioned that he’s been rotating Ricardo and Justin out of the team due to their old injuries, so he’s clearly aware that some players need resting.

Why do you feel the need to scapegoat someone for it?

• Like 1

It may be the difference between getting records or not but I am quite confident we have reasonable cover. Casadei has been disappointing but it's a good opportunity for him and Yunus. 

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

Yunus seems to be the only one who has genuine flair and attacking ability out of those and even he seems to be struggling to hit top gear. I'd be up for getting someone else in on loan.

Don’t disagree. Especially as it looked like McAtee was close to signing back in late August. If you assume cannon would have signed too they appear to have been ready to get an extra number 8 in on loan at least 

36 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's been very careful with Ricardo and Justin but Ndidi possibly goes under the radar on his vulnerability to injuries. That said, Enzo seldom plays him for more than an hour each game and if he can only do an hour and needs to be rested completed every handful of games then that's a massive concern.

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Best time for something like this to happen. 

You'd think it would improve our prospects of him renewing his contract here if that's something we wanted to do. 

Ndidi as premier league player in a number 8 role won’t cut it. 

Edited by happy85

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Such is the way the fixtures fall, and the fact he likely wouldn't be rushed back during the easter period (basically part of March), he might only play another 6 games this season! 

You'd like to think we'd be playing them without pressure too!

Given he's out of contract in the summer, would it not be worth cutting him from the squad to free up a place for someone who is going to be involved in more than just afew games at the end when, hopefully, we'll already be up?

Just now, happy85 said:

Ndidi as premier league player in a number 8 role won’t cut it. 

If we're in the Premier League next year we won't be playing the same system as we are now. 

There's absolutely no chance that we have Winks as the lone 6 out of possession.