Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Abdul Fatawu Issahaku

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

seems like a very high price on the obligation for someone that so far has flopped at sporting. 

But sounds like he would be an incredibly exciting signing 

Option to buy

Also quite harsh to say he has flopped already, would be like saying Braybrooke or another 19 year old youth player has already flopped

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Anyone else spend a good minute trying to work out if his name contained a rude word or something? 

Seems legit though! Continue.

100% I thought it was another Yerda Sellsavon  situation. 

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Option to buy

Also quite harsh to say he has flopped already, would be like saying Braybrooke or another 19 year old youth player has already flopped

I see how it sounded harsh but this isn’t them cashing in because they need money, it’s a player that they don’t see as promising as theyd hoped. 

I’m just looking at 30m being what they asked for an established player who had torn it up. 

So half for someone they see as surplus to requirements, seems a little high. But this is all said with absolutely no knowledge of how good this player actually is 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lambert09

53 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know a bit about this guy. He was supposed to be one of the most talented african players of his generation with even things like the Balon d'Or being talked about. Clearly he's not got anywhere close to that, but in terms of raw natural talent there is definitely something there. 

He was being linked with a move to the Premier League with Everton, but Benfica loaned out Henrique Araujo to Watford last season so these things are not impossible.

I would expect to see a player somewhat in the mould of Adama Traore in the sense that he has all the genetic gifts you could want, fast, strong, technically proficient. But also at times braindead decision making and seems like his head isn't plugged in. I've seen that even the Sporting fans can't work out if he is amazing or terrible.

An interesting player for a good manager to take on though! The ceiling for the player would be really high.

I wouldn't expect to see him here, but given how bonkers the market is, anything is possible. 

Surely at only 19 it's a bit early to say obviously he is no where close to that? 

I don't know anything about him and not saying he is going to be the best player in the world but that sort of potential doesn't necessarily just go away some players just blossom later and at 19 is still very young with time to still turn into a world class player

Fatawu Issahaku ranked 1st in the 2022/23 Primeira Liga amongst teenagers for these stats (per90):

◉ Shots: 3.21
◉ Chances created: 0.8
◉ Take-ons attempted: 10.45
◉ Take-ons completed: 4.82
◉ Interceptions: 1.61
◉ Crosses attempted: 8.04

He also played at the World Cup, so has experience on the biggest stage of them all... (He was one of only 19 players to register just 1 minute of game time :ph34r:).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Indeed lol!

I heard that Sporting have invested a LOT into this player though, relative to the fees they spend on young talent, and their business model being entirely built around making profit on young talents. Look at the money Benfica made from Joao Felix or Enzo Fernandez for example. 

For that reason, the player could be seen as underachieving relative to their fee / contract being handed out. That he's linked with a Championship team says it all. If Sporting doesn't feel like the player is ever going to be worth £50m, they move onto to the next set of targets that could do, and sell him for a decent profit now. 

I think he could be really good at a team like ours and under a coach like Maresca that can provide structure to the way he plays. 

He hardly cost them anything?