Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Abdul Fatawu Issahaku

20 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He hardly cost them anything? 

Sporting fans have told me there’s quite a bit to it in terms of family members moved over, coaches working with him, etc. More like opportunity cost for them in terms of whom they think is going to break through. Don’t shoot the messenger!

Here are some opinions from Sporting fans, taken from threads where he was linked to Crystal Palace. If he does end up at Palace, then wouldn't surprise me if that frees up Rak-Sakyi to join on loan here.

"I’m surprised he’s only been put up for 15. This kid has been touted at the next great African for a couple years now, was in super high demand before he went to Sporting.
His coaches were saying he had ballon d’or potential. Scouts were salivating over him. Guess it’s just gone too slow at sporting?"

"He's great at 1v1s, really explosive dribbler and has a great shot as well. He does have problems with positioning and playing in tight spaces. He only plays as a right winger though, which is why he won't get minutes this season(our coach doesn't use pure wingers, so just like Plata before him, he will probably be sold).

Anyway, he's a really hard worker and seems like a great kid so i imagine he'll be really good in a club where he can get playtime."

"This kid has a ROCKET of a left foot"

"His low cost is due to the fact that Amorim really doesn’t rate him at all"

"It’s our speciality selling future Ballon d’Or winners for around €15m lol."

"Not ready for the Prem at all and Sporting seem not to be planning with him in the first team. But if Crystal Palace can find a good loan for him (Textor affiliates?) maybe he can still make good on his promise."

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's great at 1v1s, really explosive dribbler and has a great shot as well

he's a really hard worker and seems like a great kid

This kid has a ROCKET of a left foot

Right I've heard enough, ignore all the negatives, get this **** in

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know a bit about this guy. He was supposed to be one of the most talented african players of his generation with even things like the Balon d'Or being talked about. Clearly he's not got anywhere close to that, but in terms of raw natural talent there is definitely something there. 

He was being linked with a move to the Premier League with Everton, but Benfica loaned out Henrique Araujo to Watford last season so these things are not impossible.

I would expect to see a player somewhat in the mould of Adama Traore in the sense that he has all the genetic gifts you could want, fast, strong, technically proficient. But also at times braindead decision making and seems like his head isn't plugged in. I've seen that even the Sporting fans can't work out if he is amazing or terrible.

An interesting player for a good manager to take on though! The ceiling for the player would be really high.

I wouldn't expect to see him here, but given how bonkers the market is, anything is possible. 

Adams Traore is one of the worst players I've ever seen, for exactly the reasons you say. He's an absolute beast; massive, strong, fast - but absolutely no football brain or real ball skills.

So if that's what this guy is, no thanks.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know a bit about this guy. He was supposed to be one of the most talented african players of his generation with even things like the Balon d'Or being talked about. Clearly he's not got anywhere close to that, but in terms of raw natural talent there is definitely something there. 

He was being linked with a move to the Premier League with Everton, but Benfica loaned out Henrique Araujo to Watford last season so these things are not impossible.

I would expect to see a player somewhat in the mould of Adama Traore in the sense that he has all the genetic gifts you could want, fast, strong, technically proficient. But also at times braindead decision making and seems like his head isn't plugged in. I've seen that even the Sporting fans can't work out if he is amazing or terrible.

An interesting player for a good manager to take on though! The ceiling for the player would be really high.

I wouldn't expect to see him here, but given how bonkers the market is, anything is possible. 

...he looks like a great find, I love his attitude as a winger, he is always looking to get the better of their defence!!!

He has great vision and delivery, is good in the last third where we have been consistently poor, has a great left-foot shot that goes across the keeper and is just as destructive taking the ball to the byline.

I wish he would stop going for the near post, It is a poor decision to go that route as shots being in across the keeper is more successful and he has a good feel of the ball in his play. Would like to see him stop overexaggerating fouls, he doesn't need to do that.

6 hours ago, Mawuli said:

Sorry to burst you guys bubble but as a ghanaian and a supporter of this club I am telling you this guy is worse than Musa, ghezzal, etc, we'd really be better off with Marcal 

So your telling me there’s players worse than musa and ghezzal!! 😧😧😧

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Every single one of those clips is him missing from 45 yards what a baller lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Misread his surname as Issahaiku so wrote a couple of haikus about him joining.

----

Abdul shines bright,

Leicester's hope takes its flight,

Champions in sight.

----

Issahaku's tears up the Championship,

Foxes Never Quit.

Everyone else is shit.

So you misread his surname as Haiku and not Haku and that inspired you to write a couple of 3 line poems that don't follow the traditional construct of a Haiku? 

ok :yesyes:

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Every single one of those clips is him missing from 45 yards what a baller lol

You can see why the Sporting fans think he is clueless at times. Also, the amount of times in his video you see him beat a man and then the clip mysteriously changes to something else probably tells you a lot about this decision-making.

Maresca has said on multiple occasions he wants wingers who are goon in a one on one situation. Here's a clip against Cardiff, which is similar to things we've seen a number of times already this season. We find the opposite side winger with a switched diagonal frequently, which leaves the winger 1 v 1. Here we still create something, but if Marcal beat his man, he could create a much higher quality chance than the one that ends up with Nacho.

giphy.gif

Even if we have players with poor decision-making, the system can simplify it for them. When you get the ball out wide, beat ONE man, and then release it or shoot. This guy looks pretty good at the dribbling / beat a man part of his game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Here's a clip against Cardiff, which is similar to things we've seen a number of times already this season. We find the opposite side winger with a switched diagonal frequently, which leaves the winger 1 v 1. Here we still create something, but if Marcal beat his man, he could create a much higher quality chance than the one that ends up with Nacho.

Mhm I've been moaning about exactly this for weeks. 

It's why I wish we'd give someone else a try on the right, even Praet if needs be. 

Let's use the right footed players as an asset not a flaw. Get to the byline and get a cutback in. Stop fvcking running back inside. 

I assume we've told Wanya and McAteer that the first priority is keeping the ball so we'd rather they come back inside and find help than take risks if they aren't comfortable beating their man. I assume there's got to be recognition there that they're young players playing out of position. But jesus it's still frustrating.