Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

On 01/05/2024 at 13:06, UniFox21 said:

Interesting that he's started to slow himself prior to shooting; in his goals against Saints he's beaten the player and then takes a few steps to steady himself before shooting. 

He recently thanked Iheanacho and Daka in an interview for helping him with his shooting practice (I think it was mentioned in that post-match interview, in fact?)

I'm fairly sure Iheanacho has a habit of slowing down before striking the ball, so would make sense if that was the case.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

He recently thanked Iheanacho and Daka in an interview for helping him with his shooting practice (I think it was mentioned in that post-match interview, in fact?)

I'm fairly sure Iheanacho has a habit of slowing down before striking the ball, so would make sense if that was the case.

Hmmm…. shooting practice from Daka? 

He’ll be getting advice from Martyn Waghorn next at this rate 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Genuinely can't fathom out how he didn't prosper at Sporting, even in a wing back system. He's one of the best defensive wingers I've seen and could play wing back even, but would thrive in a 3-4-3.

He's very similar to Saka. He broke through at Arsenal as a wing back.

On 30/04/2024 at 10:01, ARM1968 said:

As I’ve said many times, this lad is mustard. 19 and has it all. Sure he has the odd quiet game and makes some poor decisions, but he’s 19 and will improve massively - that is scary. Now we are up, and after last night you wouldn’t bet against it, he will be signed. The sky is the limit for this kid. 

I think we have an obligation to sign him. So we have to. 

(he's 20)

• Haha 2

I think objectively, if you were being objective, you'd have to say he's the best footballer and possibly the sexiest human on the planet. Just speaking objectively.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

(he's 20)

You sure that’s not his goal contributions and you’re getting mixed up?  I’m sure he was 19 at some point 🤣🤣.  A pendant for the pedant. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FOXSE said:

Screenshot_20240503_164703_Samsung Internet.jpg

In other news, I wonder if we'll go back in for Ryan Giles now we've been promoted. If JJ goes (as is rumoured) he'd be a decent addition.

Edited by Tielemans63

13 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

In other news, I wonder if we'll go back in for Ryan Giles now we've been promoted. If JJ goes (as is rumoured) he'd be a decent addition.

He was crap for Luton. If we want to build a team to be promoted in 2025/2026 then he would be a fine addition but not if we want to stay up.

54 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You sure that’s not his goal contributions and you’re getting mixed up?  I’m sure he was 19 at some point 🤣🤣.  A pendant for the pedant. 

As I said to someone else, I don't mind being called pedantic, but I just prefer 'accurate' :) 

• Haha 1

I'm utterly convinced by Abdul, think he's got everything. Works hard, full of tricks, pace, a good left foot and getting better on his right.

Needs to work on his composure, but seeing signs already that he's improving on that. Can see him being the next one we sell for 50m+ in a few years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Explains why some finishes look world class and some are still well off the mark then :D

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I heard Hermansen is getting tips from Danny Ward.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I have been banging on about Fatawu's 'big chances created' this season when he was being described as 'raw' and his decision making being questioned.

See below the chances created by season, compared with Fatawu's (who still has a game to go, and did miss the first few).

Screenshot_20240503_164451_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164517_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164536_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164623_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164703_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_164726_Samsung Internet.jpg

Those are absolutely unreal stats!

I know our fanbase is notorious for writing players off, but please let's give him patience next season assuming he's still with us. The step up is going to be big, but if he continues to refine his game he is going to be a superstar.

• Like 2