Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

On 17/12/2023 at 18:36, Lambert09 said:

I wonder if somwhere in the workd, Potter is sat kicking himself that he didn’t take our offer. 

We would have been a fairly easy way to rebuild his profile. 

Obviously enzo has done fantastically but i think we are also where most people expected us be irregardless of who was at the helm. 

You could probably say the same about Leeds and Southampton, I think the manager makes the difference which is what will get us promoted in the long run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Enzo Maresca explains how he is rebuilding Leicester City - The Athletic

The bit at the end of this makes me hate Rodgers and his ego even more, but anyway.

A real interesting read. Enzo is clearly a massive nerd but he also gets the part of making sure the players heads are in the right places, which has been the big key for me.  

Just coming to post the same. The only images of our achievements were those of Rodgers, despite not being our greatest achievement. 

Enzo has clearly been such a breath of fresh air. 

Screenshot_20231224_093516_The Athletic.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Just coming to post the same. The only images of our achievements were those of Rodgers, despite not being our greatest achievement. 

Enzo has clearly been such a breath of fresh air. 

Screenshot_20231224_093516_The Athletic.jpg

I will not have that the famous man manager Brendan could ever do anything to fall out with or disalusion members of the playing squad or staff!!

Think like the majority of people I was a tiny bit sceptical when we appointed him. Was he just a Pep wannabe, his time at Parma, lack of managerial experience and of the championship. But he’s turned into the perfect appointment! Not only the league table but all these little details you hear about how he’s breathing new life into the whole club. Got the look of a top, top manager about him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Reading the Enzo interview from The Athletic this morning, has gotten me mardy again about Rodgers. Massive dick head.

Yes, just discussing the same. Every time I think my hatred of Rodgers is dissipating, I read something like this, and I feel even more anger towards the egotistical little rodent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He won't get the plaudits he deserves because it is seen as expected, but we were in such a mess in the summer. What a man.

This. 

We always get 'Look at the players they have, it's a premier league team, of course they should win' but take into account how utterly dejected, stripped of confidence this team was and how ground down they were after Rodgers.

Enzo has come in, managed to convince some players to stay, absolutely picked everyone up off the floor, bought in some superb signings, completely and utterly changed the style of play and the philosophy, bought his own team in from scratch, lifted the back room staff...all on 6 months. It's heroics really.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

I said on here in the Summer that we’d struggle this season. I thought we’d be battling for a play-off spot.

The rot just seemed to have fully set in and some of the performances were as bad as I’ve ever seen…and I remember those Levein years pretty clearly! 

I’m so happy to have been wrong though. What Enzo has done is extremely impressive - The more I hear/read about him, the more I’m sold on him being exactly what we need now and going forward. 

It can’t be understated just how much of a mess the club was in. Now I’m excited to see what he can do after another mini clear out and (hopefully) a bit of a recruitment budget next Summer!

• Like 3

You only have to remember that the atmosphere was like as recently as the Sheff Weds or Middlesbrough results. At the KP, i was hearing 'this type of football will always get you into trouble' and in the first half yesterday the 'get it forward' brigade turned into the 'just shoot ffs' brigade.  The patience that this football requires is understandably lost on many.  Our defence was a catastrophic mess last season, and i don't understand why lots of people aren't looking at our Goals against (16) and goal difference (31) in complete awe.

I think we have some tough fixtures in Jan, coupled with losing a few key players, and i now include in that Daka.  If we have a couple of not so favourable results, how long before the pelters come in again complaining about plan b's. It really didn't take long last time despite the start we had.

I love the bloke and think he has done a tremendous job. Yes, we have players who made their trade in the PL and have been able to use our clout to get the likes of Fatawu on loan. But he's still had to execute this, and he has stuck to his vision, style and ethos.  Getting buy in from the players, many who has struggled last year, is a huge part of that. Seems to be some excellent man management in there.

3 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I said on here in the Summer that we’d struggle this season. I thought we’d be battling for a play-off spot.

The rot just seemed to have fully set in and some of the performances were as bad as I’ve ever seen…and I remember those Levein years pretty clearly! 

I’m so happy to have been wrong though. What Enzo has done is extremely impressive - The more I hear/read about him, the more I’m sold on him being exactly what we need now and going forward. 

It can’t be understated just how much of a mess the club was in. Now I’m excited to see what he can do after another mini clear out and (hopefully) a bit of a recruitment budget next Summer!

Snap.