Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Enzo would be a huge gamble for Utd, he has a football system that he's set up in the championship, and he's having great success with it, but so did Kompany, and now he's struggling in the Prem, so I could only see a middling to lower league team interested, so it's going to get to a point where its that teams ambitions vs ours which would make his mind up, because its looking like it'd take something major to knock back our momentum 

True but these so called big teams are keen from time to time to gamble with unproven managers. Ole was a big gamble, Arsenal backed Arteta and gave him time, Chelsea took an unsuccessful gamble with Potter. There aren't many (proven) managers around, most of these big teams recycle the same ones. Enzo comes from the Pep school like Arteta. 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

True but these so called big teams are keen from time to time to gamble with unproven managers. Ole was a big gamble, Arsenal backed Arteta and gave him time, Chelsea took an unsuccessful gamble with Potter. There aren't many (proven) managers around, most of these big teams recycle the same ones. Enzo comes from the Pep school like Arteta. 

There is Potter still out of work, if somebody does take Enzo, we'd have to be seen as a hugely attractive proposition so hopefully wouldn't struggle to attractive a top level progressive manager 

34 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Very soon, if not already, Premier League clubs are going to be looking at Enzo, at what point (if not already) are we a more attractive club than bottom half Prem clubs? What clubs would you think he couldn't turn down if they come in for him before Xmas?

I don’t see it.

Enzo wouldn’t jump ship,without showing „ the interested“ that he can be successfull with his system…

I reckon he is here to take us through that duration,of First having that single club has a platform & legacy to make & prove his system is successfull…

Why go anywhere else with empty hands,

Some show of achievement more than a Promotion he will want, to prove that complete rebuild,and take and push that club as far as possible.

No use springing from club to club,then there is no truth found,a false legacy is created…

I believe our manager wants to stamp his name,on a clubs Mantel and not be

the 2nd coming behind anybody….
 „‚Enzoball, Maresca-system‘“  makes better music.

L‘pool in a Short time had 3 legacies…Shankly, Fagan.. Paisley, the 3 had their own names over the their successfull team..Leeds..Revie, Manutd…Busby & Fergie, Arsenal..Wenger, Chapman,Graham..Man.city Mercer & Pep,

There in England is the Challenge, create or start ‘ The ‘. ..legacy

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about that because I posted yesterday ManU might go after him and I was laughed at. I reckon he would turn down any job offers from the classic mid table downwards teams. It depends on his ambitions and confidence. ManU are a mess, he's a Pep "apprentice", probably he would turn down a job there. Idk if he would turn down a Chelsea job though next summer. 

Too many preferable options imo, Dr Zerbi, Potter, you could even make a case for the Ipswich manager. 

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I don’t see it.

Enzo wouldn’t jump ship,without showing „ the interested“ that he can be successfull with his system…

I reckon he is here to take us through that duration,of First having that single club has a platform & legacy to make & prove his system is successfull…

Why go anywhere else with empty hands,

Some show of achievement more than a Promotion he will want, to prove that complete rebuild,and take and push that club as far as possible.

No use springing from club to club,then there is no truth found,a false legacy is created…

I believe our manager wants to stamp his name,on a clubs Mantel and not be

the 2nd coming behind anybody….
 „‚Enzoball, Maresca-system‘“  makes better music.

L‘pool in a Short time had 3 legacies…Shankly, Fagan.. Paisley, the 3 had their own names over the their successfull team..Leeds..Revie, Manutd…Busby & Fergie, Arsenal..Wenger, Chapman,Graham..Man.city Mercer & Pep,

There in England is the Challenge, create or start ‘ The ‘. ..legacy

Plus with us winning the league quite recently he make think why can't we do it again (I know it's a massive ask but that's how he will think imo)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is something wrong with our fans since winning the title and fa cup, we are playing very good football in my view and it seems having the most points, scoring the most goals and conceding the least is not good enough for some. Look we have a long my way to go to reach those heights again, and Enzo was a gamble but one that is paying off, he plays the right football and with some additions if we make the PL we will be fine 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

On 21/09/2023 at 00:26, Jaspa said:

Vincent as a name means "Conqueror", Henry means "House Ruler".

Wasn't his surname debated about here earlier in the summer too? Best guess anyone had was it was something to do with female horses because of the 'Mare' bit.

Actually Vincenzo means “winner”.  Of course it may be applied to a conqueror :ph34r:

On 24/09/2023 at 09:01, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, I see your point but hardly a destroyer like Rodgers. Despite his protestations, we managed to spend over 250m during Rodgers tenure, many of the signings with his stamp on them.

Ranieri on the other hand, I agree, made the best of what he inherited and made some huge changes tactically compared to Pearson to achieve what Pearson could never have done. 

However, from Ranieri's own mouth, he claimed that he didn't pick the players, he merely coached what he was given. Our previous style or system was effectively decimated by the outgoings which weren't his fault and they weren't replaced. The  board in fairness had little choice over Kante either. He hardly destroyed it, it was circumstances beyond his control. 

Only when Puel arrived and started spending did we arguably start to improve. He too was a little unfortunate because although he created other problems and also recruited quite well, but when he arrived he inherited not one competent attacking midfielder. 

Fingers crossed with Enzo though eh, signs are good. However, IF we got promoted, we need to spend quite a bit again because quite a few of this squad will simply not be quite good enough unless, and it's possible, Enzo can continue to get a lot of improvement out of them. 🤞

I agree, but I’d like to add that though Maresca often referred as a guardiola pupil (ultimately Cruyff), where each player doesn’t have a truly fixed position, both Maresca and Ranieri come from Italian Football, which is reliant on a “regista” or a dominant center fielder.  Once Kante was gone Ranieri would have, and he did, had a difficult time executing his system.  So no the destroyers were the main officers who couldn’t find a proper replacement.

3 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I agree, but I’d like to add that though Maresca often referred as a guardiola pupil (ultimately Cruyff), where each player doesn’t have a truly fixed position, both Maresca and Ranieri come from Italian Football, which is reliant on a “regista” or a dominant center fielder.  Once Kante was gone Ranieri would have, and he did, had a difficult time executing his system.  So no the destroyers were the main officers who couldn’t find a proper replacement.

So that means what for Enzo? I’m pretty sure they are different people with their own minds. Plus Enzo has far more English football experience at a high level, so it isn’t like he doesn’t know the game here 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So that means what for Enzo? I’m pretty sure they are different people with their own minds. Plus Enzo has far more English football experience at a high level, so it isn’t like he doesn’t know the game here 

I’m not sure about Maresca…it’s too early to tell TBH. Maresca is definitely different, and from an other era from Ranieri.  I was commenting primarily on Ranieri.

10 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

There is something wrong with our fans since winning the title and fa cup, we are playing very good football in my view and it seems having the most points, scoring the most goals and conceding the least is not good enough for some. Look we have a long my way to go to reach those heights again, and Enzo was a gamble but one that is paying off, he plays the right football and with some additions if we make the PL we will be fine 

I find posts like this a bit strange. In terms of the stats highlighted by yourself, I don’t see anybody being negative or entitled about these. The points total is a record for a reason. 

In terms of the goals conceded, it is amazingly low especially when you look at the gap to the next lowest. It is a fair observation though, to see that across the season, we have often made silly mistakes but not been punished due to the finishing of the opponents at this level. It doesn’t concern me too much as between better personnel and Enzo being in charge longer, you’d hope this area improves.

Where there is a divided view between different groups, it is about style of play and even this is not about either view being one of entitlement or affected by our recent achievements, but purely one of personal choice which people are entitled to.

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I find posts like this a bit strange. In terms of the stats highlighted by yourself, I don’t see anybody being negative or entitled about these. The points total is a record for a reason. 

In terms of the goals conceded, it is amazingly low especially when you look at the gap to the next lowest. It is a fair observation though, to see that across the season, we have often made silly mistakes but not been punished due to the finishing of the opponents at this level. It doesn’t concern me too much as between better personnel and Enzo being in charge longer, you’d hope this area improves.

Where there is a divided view between different groups, it is about style of play and even this is not about either view being one of entitlement or affected by our recent achievements, but purely one of personal choice which people are entitled to.

I live away so don’t get to many games but I was absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of vitriol towards Enzo during the first half of the Plymouth game. I’d like to think that these people don’t ’get it’ rather than anything more sinister but it was absolutely bizarre stuff like “tippy tappy airy fairy” “can’t be doing with this foreign style of play” 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I live away so don’t get to many games but I was absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of vitriol towards Enzo during the first half of the Plymouth game. I’d like to think that these people don’t ’get it’ rather than anything more sinister but it was absolutely bizarre stuff like “tippy tappy airy fairy” “can’t be doing with this foreign style of play” 

I don’t read the match threads to be honest so fair enough.

But as I said, nothing about the points total etc, but the style of play. People will have different views on what they enjoy. Vitriol is of course ott and anything about Enzo himself as he seems a top bloke.

I wonder if somwhere in the workd, Potter is sat kicking himself that he didn’t take our offer. 

We would have been a fairly easy way to rebuild his profile. 

Obviously enzo has done fantastically but i think we are also where most people expected us be irregardless of who was at the helm. 

Edited by Lambert09