Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Corky said:

Exactly and also with Fatawu out for 3 games, that leaves is vulnerable with Mavididi.

The defeat today will bring a bigger reaction than, say, Watford or Bristol City and that means more scrutiny.

It might be worth appealing?

He's been great so far, but today I felt he got it wrong. 

I was sure he would have taken Casedei off at half-time and bought Choudhery or even Praet on, just someone either a little more defensive or more experienced. They could have tucked in and broke from the right, and we'd still have had an outlet with Mavididi. As it was, we didn't offer any threat after h/t.

Disappointing, but it's only one game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

We looked solid for 35 minutes of the second half. Fatawu cost us the game not Enzo. We were always going to struggle once we went down to 10. Cant see anyone on the bench who would of made an impact today

The way I see it. I expected an onslaught by Coventry but they were actually pretty ordinary until they made the subs and as soon as they equalise that's when Enzo has had a howler.

Cannon had caused a few problems 2nd half, why on earth take him off? Coventry were always going to go for the winner and we'd have had more opportunity to counter.

Really bad day, I forgot how horrible it is to lose to them. I feel sick.

• Like 4

Honestly not sure what he could have done today, the red changed the game and came out of nowhere, not as if he could have hooked Abdul. I don't like sitting in like that but ultimately it took them 35 minutes to lay a glove on us

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The way I see it. I expected an onslaught by Coventry but they were actually pretty ordinary until they made the subs and as soon as they equalise that's when Enzo has had a howler.

Cannon had caused a few problems 2nd half, why on earth take him off? Coventry were always going to go for the winner and we'd have had more opportunity to counter.

We have one fit striker for the next 3 or 4 weeks, if Vardy can't get fit properly has something to do with it.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It might be worth appealing?

No chance that will get overturned.

I would start with Albrighton while Fatawu is out, if not him then give Akgun a go.

McAteer works hard, and started the season well before his injury,  but I wouldn't be picking him ahead of Albrighton or Akgun myself.

I get that taking Cannon off completely nulllified any attacking threat, but have we not got someone in the u21s who can play as a striker with a bit of pace?

He needs to sort his tactics out, mostly his lack of interest in counter attacking but you can tell he's stubborn on his beliefs. They'll be many games next season if we go up where we won't have the ball as we didn't today, but he was completely unwilling to allow any counter attacking, the changes he did make put a stop on that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Cannon gets a knock we are buggered. The subs weren't great but it is tough to find a balance with ten men, injuries and absences.

• Like 1

Definitely think we could have made changes to not only freshen up tired legs, but also rest some ahead of the Ipswich game. Not his best day for us, but he's had plenty of good days. Hopefully he learns from it.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He needs to sort his tactics out, mostly his lack of interest in counter attacking but you can tell he's stubborn on his beliefs. They'll be many games next season if we go up where we won't have the ball as we didn't today, but he was completely unwilling to allow any counter attacking, the changes he did make put a stop on that.

Every team has an off day, today was ours I guess and don't agree on tactics complaints, we have proven we can do both, but today we self defeating and not at ours best.

Next.

• Like 2

Defending a 1-0 lead for 45 minutes was always going to be difficult.

We offered no threat going forwards in that second half.

I didn't expect us to outplay Coventry with only 10 men but i hoped we would at least be competitive! 

Bringing Cannon off left us with nothing upfront.

11 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

His tactics have worked pretty well for us so far this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

His tactics have worked pretty well for us so far this season

That's why I'm saying if we go up. Today was an example of us without the ball and he was unwilling to counter attack. He's also dismissed it in the past when asked about using the counter attack.

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

That's why I'm saying if we go up. Today was an example of us without the ball and he was unwilling to counter attack. He's also dismissed it in the past when asked about using the counter attack.

We'll adapt if/when we go up.

• Like 1

But your not going to have 10 men every game.

• Like 1

And yet we’ve scored several counter attacking goals this season. My take was that he just meant he wouldn’t set us up as a counter attacking team, but wouldn’t put a stop to us taking the opportunity when it was there.

And in todays game, it was kinda hard to chuck men forward on the counter with a man down.