Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

He deserves so much credit for how quickly he got us playing his style. Everyone always points out how strong a squad we’ve got so we should be up the top (which is true) but what about Southampton & Leeds who were a mess at the start? Even now Leeds fans are turning on Farke. Southampton fans were booing during our game with them. I don’t think people on the outside realise just how rotten we’d become. We could’ve easily kept on falling. 

Like people have pointed out before he’s probably saved the careers of Ricardo & Justin to some extent. What he’s done with Ndidi has been brilliant. Winks said he’s probably the best manager he’s worker under. To think Scott Parker’s name was being mentioned 

Edited by Noahfence
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

It’s a great point.

If Enzo wants to adopt the same playing style in the Prem, do the Club invest in a fast centre back who is able to mitigate the lack of pace of Vestergaard / Coady (like Kyle Walker has for years).  Do the club look for an alternative quarterback style centre back with a bit more pace?

I am not sure how many of the second type of Centre back would be on the market, and if any would meet our budget, so it maybe the first option is the way to go.  

We won't be playing a high line though and how many chances did Vesterguard get under Rodgers ? and he always played a high line.

Obviously I still think we will look to sign a quality player than can come in for Faes / Vester not to replace but to rotate.

We have a better squad now than we did the season before we won the league, a few quality additions (not easy) but if we can improve the spine with players of ilk like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Huth.. we should be in good stead we only need 4 quality singings that can come in a make the difference.

Edited by whoareyaaa

7 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

We won't be playing a high line though and how many chances did Vesterguard get under Rodgers ? and he always played a high line.

Obviously I still think we will look to sign a quality player than can come in for Faes / Vester not to replace but to rotate.

We have a better squad now than we did the season before we won the league, a few quality additions (not easy) but if we can improve the spine with players of ilk like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Huth.. we should be in good stead we only need 4 quality singings that can come in a make the difference.

Hmmm…. the quality they turned out to be  I’d say good luck with that 

Everyone mentions Guardiola, but Enzo was managed, as a player, by two of the world’s best managers; Marcello Lippi and Carlo Ancelotti.  I suspect that being under those managers is manager training in itself.  With all that, and a coach under Guardiola I’d say his pedigree is quite good.  

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 17:08, tom27111 said:

His name sounds cool, but then if you anglicise it, he's called Henry.

That's rubbish.

And yeah, I'm aware that my name is Tom. It's still better than Henry.

Tom is still a better name :beer:

Edited by Sionnach gorm
Redundant

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Better said than done…

Somefans will be demanding “ their own  choice”

Or a top name,but light chance of landing..

Then the yet unknown…but an Enzo type of suggestion..

20 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

This guy deserves so much credit. 

Go back to the start of the season and I remember being worried about his lack of experience, especially within his coaching staff. 

But the turnaround has been immense, and where do you start? 

Players actually improving and being coached, youngsters getting on the pitch, his style being implemented seamlessly, no bitxhing or moaning he's already said he'll be happy if we have the same squad come February and my absolute favourite thing is that he's utilised international breaks to work on issues and improve the team. 

Easy to say we should be top of the league anyway, but that's a very lazy way of looking at the incredible job Enzo and his team have done

Great post and fans will soon realise it has not gone unnoticed inside football…….big clubs knocking already and if he makes us tick in the prem could be a massive test to retain him !!

3 hours ago, RobHawk said:

This guy deserves so much credit. 

Go back to the start of the season and I remember being worried about his lack of experience, especially within his coaching staff. 

But the turnaround has been immense, and where do you start? 

Players actually improving and being coached, youngsters getting on the pitch, his style being implemented seamlessly, no bitxhing or moaning he's already said he'll be happy if we have the same squad come February and my absolute favourite thing is that he's utilised international breaks to work on issues and improve the team. 

Easy to say we should be top of the league anyway, but that's a very lazy way of looking at the incredible job Enzo and his team have done

There’s also a massive difference between being top of the league and having the best ever start at this level, looking totally dominant in most matches 

Yes we were a total and utter shambles before he took over. 

We played Blackburn in the cup at the end of Feb and were almost totally schooled by them. 

His work has been nothing short of phenomenal - Tactically superb, team selection, revitalising players previously on the scrap heap, an eye for youth, clearly motivates (we have a manager who gives half time team talks rather than sitting in the corner crying), talks clearly and coherently, has passion and celebrates like it means something to him etc etc 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 2

His interview on BBC RL after the game yesterday made me chuckle.

Basically admitted everyone was knackered and needed a break and said the coaching staff were sick of the sight of the players and visa versa :D

Sounded like he's given everyone two days off to be with family and then go again from Thursday.

• Haha 1