Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

4 hours ago, brookfox said:

Think like the majority of people I was a tiny bit sceptical when we appointed him. Was he just a Pep wannabe, his time at Parma, lack of managerial experience and of the championship. But he’s turned into the perfect appointment! Not only the league table but all these little details you hear about how he’s breathing new life into the whole club. Got the look of a top, top manager about him.

I trusted the owners, other than keeping Rogers 6-12 months too long, most of their managerial appointments have been successful. I had more faith in Enzo than I did initially with Ranieri. Top gets stick and unfairly compared to Vichai, but he did appoint Rogers 4 months after the death of his father, which transpired into the most consistent 3 seasons (back to back) we have had other than the MON seasons in the PL era.

• Like 1

I must admit I was dubious about the Maresca appointment when he came in, but I can't believe how wrong I was.

We should do whatever it takes to keep him at the football club for as long as possible.

Most managers seem like they are passing through, I never got the feeling from Rodgers that this was only ever a stepping stone for him, despite his success here in the first few seasons before it went pear shaped.

I'd love it if he was here for 5-10 years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Enzo Maresca explains how he is rebuilding Leicester City - The Athletic

The bit at the end of this makes me hate Rodgers and his ego even more, but anyway.

A real interesting read. Enzo is clearly a massive nerd but he also gets the part of making sure the players heads are in the right places, which has been the big key for me.  

Can anyone post the full thing please? Athletic have had enough of my money for a bit x

2 hours ago, Bilo said:
6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I was hearing 'this type of football will always get you into trouble' and in the first half yesterday the 'get it forward' brigade turned into the 'just shoot ffs' brigade.

connected.JPG.bbc0a2fa82d58303230a8392579673b8.JPG

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Elite coaching. Doesn’t matter who the opposition is, that’s as good as it gets! 

See how much distance their Number 9 covers during the whole move, just running around chasing the ball! Its a joy to see how some of the movement pulls opposition players out of position.  Mavadidi makes a run a few times and each time the 2 marking him end up making space which Faes arguably goes on to exploit, and Winks does it on pass 18 when he drags players in with him which creates space for when we recycle the play.

• Thanks 1

The team are obviously improving at possession / passing game & you can watch how it pulls opposition players out of position. My question is how well will it work against a higher level of opposition. Burnley have really struggled trying to play out from the back this season as opposition teams are targeting them & forcing errors.

8 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The team are obviously improving at possession / passing game & you can watch how it pulls opposition players out of position. My question is how well will it work against a higher level of opposition. Burnley have really struggled trying to play out from the back this season as opposition teams are targeting them & forcing errors.

This is where Hermansen is key.

Burnley have continued with their methods and that identity probably still gives them the best chance of the promoted sides to stay up. However, they've changed players without making improvements on their ability to play through a high press. James Trafford and Dara O'Shea are decent signings but neither look comfortable when pressed well.

Hermansen is premier league ready, a worry from set pieces maybe but on the ball, not an issue what so ever.

A big key to how successful we would be in the Premier league is the replacement we bring in for Vestegaard. We will need a centre back really composed when pressed well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

This is where Hermansen is key.

Burnley have continued with their methods and that identity probably still gives them the best chance of the promoted sides to stay up. However, they've changed players without making improvements on their ability to play through a high press. James Trafford and Dara O'Shea are decent signings but neither look comfortable when pressed well.

Hermansen is premier league ready, a worry from set pieces maybe but on the ball, not an issue what so ever.

A big key to how successful we would be in the Premier league is the replacement we bring in for Vestegaard. We will need a centre back really composed when pressed well.

Yes .. A CB who is comfortable with the ball is critical to Enzo's plan .. Vesty has shown how critical the position is but I don't feel he is mobile enough for the Premier & I expect him to leave for free this Summer. 

Hermansen has been an absolute revelation this season & kudos to who ever spotted him & pushed the deal through. We need to sign him to a long term deal ASAP.

18 hours ago, Bilo said:

Look at this, though.

Utter filth.

The off the ball movement is fantastic, This is exactly what I’ve been calling for all season with regards to upping the tempo, Rotherham were sat back but were never able to really solidify that deep deep block that they wanted because we constantly moved the ball and dragged them around with players making runs off the ball. 
Great stuff.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It’s a difficult one to analyse really as most of the problems we consistently face this season won’t exist next season, we will have much less of the ball and teams won’t sit back as much, but even with teams not sitting back as much and being more open, they will be much harder to break down since prem teams are far more defensively solid in general. 

It will almost feel like starting again next season id imagine rather than being a continuation of this seasons progress. Most of the blueprint should remain, but the style will be forced to change quite dramatically id assume, hopefully if we build a solid foundation we will be able to tweak it to work in the top flight, something Burnley have struggled with.

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Yes .. A CB who is comfortable with the ball is critical to Enzo's plan .. Vesty has shown how critical the position is but I don't feel he is mobile enough for the Premier & I expect him to leave for free this Summer. 

Hermansen has been an absolute revelation this season & kudos to who ever spotted him & pushed the deal through. We need to sign him to a long term deal ASAP.

Vestergaard has probably been one of Enzo's first or second picks on the team sheet every week this season. Will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't offer him a deal.

Coady is known as a good passing CB and he's not in the league of Vesty on the ball so can't see how we can really replace him with our budget.

I used to hate the guy and thought he was useless. However, fair play to him and I now think he can do a job in the premier league if the defensive is built around him.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That's amazing. Feels like we are finally getting our club back after the shit show we had under Rodgers. The connection is back between the club, staff, players and the fans. Enzo seems really genuine which is great to see. I love that he's such a professional and clearly demands the very best out of his players but yet is also really nice with both his players and the fans. Top guy and we are lucky to have him. 

• Like 1

No doubt it won’t be long before some club (Newcastle?) tries to take Enzo from us. Hopefully the club continues to back him and he sees the ambition and potential to improve the club and achieve things here.

He will leave at some point but hopefully not for a number of years yet.

Hail Enzo 🙌🙌

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Love how the bloke felt the need to apologise to the fans for taking so long to give us a wave. Top top man 

I liked the fact it took him so long, we have conceded late goals recently so he didn't want it to happen again. As soon as any danger was gone and Mads was about to kick it, he waved straight away.

• Like 1