Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Kelechi Iheanacho - Aston Villa

6 hours ago, JimJams said:

With AFCON and his contract being up in the summer I reckon even £5mill is optimistic. I suspect he's just one of a number of targets for the role and he's only on the list due to value.

2•2  million per premier league place, if they lost Watkins and didn’t have a decent backup striker they could drop a fair few places.

If Nacho thinks he’s got something lined up for when he’s run his contract down, he’s likely to be less and less arsed to do much for us for the rest of the season. He’ll be much more interested in not getting any serious injuries. Best to cash in for whatever we can get.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Watching his cameo yesterday, I really think if we have any opportunity to free up budget then we should take the chance, especially if it enables us to strengthen elsewhere. 

I just cant see anyone paying a fee. With Afcon, i can't even see us taking a short loan like we managed with Perez. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Watching his cameo yesterday, I really think if we have any opportunity to free up budget then we should take the chance, especially if it enables us to strengthen elsewhere. 

I'd genuinely be happy with a freebie. Get rid, his wages would cover a loan from one of the 'big six' under 23s for example. Preferably a number 8.

The way we play, we don't need to replace kelechi this year anyway, can't keep 4 forwards happy, daka, vardy and cannon will be enough. 

That way it'll be a squad place being utilised rather than wasted 

Kelechis had enough here, you can tell he isn't interested, effort levels are next to zero. I'd rather he goes before he gets too many knives in his back because until this season, he's always done ok by us

• Like 3

Always liked him and refuse to accept he’s always been rubbish just because he’s been rubbish this season and really doesn’t look bothered. He was always largely effective since he’s been here, just this season he’s fallen off a cliff and doesn’t look to be showing any signs of turning it around. Get what we can in Jan rather than losing on a free in the summer seems the most sensible thing to do.

Sell him as quick as possible imo, if he ain’t done it for us now will he ever ? I doubt it . 
we’ll need someone more prolific than him next season I know that , will we have to spend big on another striker ( yes indeed ) will we spend big on another striker( I doubt it ) . Getting someone to come to Leicester with premiership experience will be hard however I’d like to see someone like Calvert- lewin of Everton , we just won’t be able to afford anyone of a higher status 

Slight problem, maybe..... i don't imagine anyone purchasing him in January as then they'd have to pay his wages whilst he's away for the first month... same if they loaned him... cant start a loan in Feb so he might be stuck here until June!

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Slight problem, maybe..... i don't imagine anyone purchasing him in January as then they'd have to pay his wages whilst he's away for the first month... same if they loaned him... cant start a loan in Feb so he might be stuck here until June!

Could just make it more likely a deadline day move when AFCON it half way through maybe? Bit of a saving on wages.

• Like 1