Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Kelechi Iheanacho - Aston Villa

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Can't see him getting a game realistically, but I think Enzo likes him

I think the total opposite lol I don’t think he rates him, have him a chance in the first half of the season but not sure he’s impressed and the contract situation can’t be ignored. 

We need 2 new strikers this summer. Minimum. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Given we have Cannon, Vardy and Daka, as well as goals from the wings (finally!) I'd cash in. He's given us some great years of service and, for my mind, paid back the fee. Yes, he had a rough start but the lad played a big part in the cup run and the top 5s.

Great years of service?..

You're joking right?

21 hours ago, JimJams said:

So we need 4 strikers for 1 role in the team then?

You sir are the reason we had 73 goalkeepers on the books.

If 2 of them clear off to AFCON, then we probably do, actually!

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Great years of service?..

You're joking right?

I would say he has. Al least he has cared about being here unlike a lot of the players last year. 

I hope he doesn’t leave but if he does, I wish him well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I wanted him to stay in the summer as I thought he would take this opportunity and boss this league as our No.9. 

I was wrong. 

Sell him now and get him off the books. 

Cannon, Daka and Vardy are all ahead of him. 

I don't really disagree with this sentiment either... 

hence I struggle to rank him!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Goals don't come cheap at the Premier League level -- check out transfer fees and pay packets for strikers.

The way he carried the club through the spring of that COVID season three years ago was a big deal at the time.

Won and converted the pen that won us the Community Shield too.

Aside from that Covid season, of quiet football grounds, his best return in the league was no more than 5 goals. I reckon there's a lot of cheaper strikers out there who can get that number.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Aside from that Covid season, of quiet football grounds, his best return in the league was no more than 5 goals. I reckon there's a lot of cheaper strikers out there who can get that number.

Not sure there's many strikers who could get 5 goals in 1100 pl minutes, let alone 5 assists on top of that.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Not sure there's many strikers who could get 5 goals in 1100 pl minutes, let alone 5 assists on top of that.

I would say there probably is but I'm not one of these people that is obsessed with goals/assists per minute so I'm not going to compare with all PL strikers that have played in the same period.

We have generally been a top 6 team during Iheanacho's time here and his career here will always leave me wanting more from him, given the price we paid for him and his reputation upon his arrival.

On 26/01/2024 at 13:12, iancognito said:

The Villa link might be on if they move Duran on ( as is the rumour)

Has Duran been given a fair crack of the whip there? I think they are being premature in lining up a chauffeur to take him to his next club, but I suppose that’s for another thread 

Iheanacho has either been unplayable for the opposition or isn’t able to control and pass the ball. Never known someone so hot or cold. 

As has been pointed out, I think he’s delivered some key moments - like the cup win and community shield. But I haven’t seen much this season that he fits the style, so if we can offload I think we should.