Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Kelechi Iheanacho - Aston Villa

2 hours ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Sell him as quick as possible imo, if he ain’t done it for us now will he ever ? I doubt it . 
we’ll need someone more prolific than him next season I know that , will we have to spend big on another striker ( yes indeed ) will we spend big on another striker( I doubt it ) . Getting someone to come to Leicester with premiership experience will be hard however I’d like to see someone like Calvert- lewin of Everton , we just won’t be able to afford anyone of a higher status 

The guy gets hurt lifting his purse !!!

9 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Has any player ever been sold for cash with weeks left on his contract?Will be lucky to get a nominal loan fee.

In theory, he can sign a pre contract agreement with a non British club like Soyuncu did with Atletico Madrid from

January 1st.

Arsenal paid £12m for Jorginho last season when he was in the last 6 months of his contract. I believe Burnley spent £12m on Weghurst the January his contract was expiring also. 

• Thanks 1

On 21/12/2023 at 04:07, Sly said:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/12/20/aston-villa-set-to-make-january-move-to-sign-man-city-flop-striker/

Villa set to make January move to sign Man City flop striker

Unai Emery’s side could make a move for former Manchester City star Kelechi Iheanacho in the coming window.

Aston Villa have shocked everybody with their impressive form this season as they currently sit in third spot, just two points off Arsenal in front.

A main reason for their success is their ruthless attack which was strengthened by the addition of Moussa Diaby last summer.

With Leon Bailey and Diaby rotating out wide, Emery has good options to choose from but lacks this in the striking department.

Although Ollie Watkins has been incredible so far, an injury to the English striker could be detrimental to both their domestic and European ambitions.

A new striker is therefore a priority signing for the former Arsenal manager with Leicester City’s Iheanacho emerging as a top target according to Football Insider.

The Nigerian forward’s contract at the King Power Stadium runs out next year and could move for a bargain deal if the Championship club agree to let him go.

Leicester City are currently three points clear at the top of the league and will have ambitions of securing automatic promotion to the Premier League

I said this a while ago a mate who works at the Vile told me about this, think they would change their mind if the saw his performances lately especially v Ipswich !!

46 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I said this a while ago a mate who works at the Vile told me about this, think they would change their mind if the saw his performances lately especially v Ipswich !!

I’ve a Villa mate and we had a similar conversation on Tielemans. His opinion on Iheanacho was that Emery would get a tune out of him if required. 

• Like 1

I was one of those who was delighted that he stayed and thought he would tear up the championship but for whatever reason this has not happened.

I am sure the club would sell in January but two things would need to be in place:

1.  There needs to be a club that would buy him.  Villa doesn’t make any sense to me but maybe a Palace or Wolves level.

2.  The player has to want the move.  He might be quite happy with limited game time then pocket a tidy signing on fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'd love us to get some dosh. But whose paying for a lad who could be off to a tourno for the next month? If they don't need him right now. Surely a club would wait for a free in the summer. 

I think this could be on soon. I've heard rumours that the 'muscle injury' he's supposed to have, is not a significant injury at all, just a minor 'niggle', to have the excuse to pull him out of AFCON, prior to completing for the Villa - and the chance to play in January.

Edited by Outfox the Fox

12 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I think this could be on soon. I've heard rumours that the 'muscle injury' he's supposed to have, is not a significant injury at all, just a minor 'niggle', to have the excuse to pull him out of AFCON, prior to completing for the Villa - and the chance to play in January.

He will have to have a Nigeria medical before they believe this ... It has happened before 

Edited by gurru991

On 28/12/2023 at 20:34, Sly said:

In theory, he can sign a pre contract agreement with a non British club like Soyuncu did with Atletico Madrid from

January 1st.

Arsenal paid £12m for Jorginho last season when he was in the last 6 months of his contract. I believe Burnley spent £12m on Weghurst the January his contract was expiring also. 

Jorginho would suit our squad down to a tee if we go up.

18 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Unless it’s old footage, he today posted him training at Seagrave. Would he not have travelled yet?

EM said they've all got a few days off, unless nacho needs to train due to injury.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sly said:

I see he’s been linked to Real Betis today. 

They've just lost Inglesias to Leverkusen but I'd argue very different types of forward. 

Would be shocked if they could offer him the wages he'd take too 

Just now, LVFox said:

They've just lost Inglesias to Leverkusen but I'd argue very different types of forward. 

Depends what he wants out of his next move. 

I can see him doing very well at Betis and in Spain in general to be fair. 

I agree I think he could find better wages by signing for a lower half Prem side if he just waits out his contract here. But maybe he wants a proper fresh start and a club to convince him he'll be first choice. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LVFox said:

They managed to sign Perez and he was on more than Kelechi is on now.

• Like 1