Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dnewty

Big John Rudkin

Show your minerals, Mr Rudkin! Get stuff sorted and plan for next season as well. I know it's hard for you, but listen to others as well. 

Be efficient and pro active my man. If you don't understand those words, please look them up. 

Regards, Foxestalk 

We shouldn't spunk money up the wall. Even I think we would struggle to fluff promotion from here. Any signings should either be cost-effective cover for what we lose for AFCON, or should be capable of being in the suad in the PL.

I think we do minimal business.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bryn said:

We shouldn't spunk money up the wall. Even I think we would struggle to fluff promotion from here. Any signings should either be cost-effective cover for what we lose for AFCON, or should be capable of being in the suad in the PL.

We absolutely aren't signing anyone this window that won't be ready for the prem next season. The only thing we may do would be a loan but seems pointless loaning players in unless we have an option to buy. We can't sign anyone until we lose some anyway as our squad is full. 

• Like 1

We are gonna do very little surely... no need to spend now at the expensive time of year... just a couple of extensions and we'll wait until June to get serious once we're back in the big time.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

We are gonna do very little surely... no need to spend now at the expensive time of year... just a couple of extensions and we'll wait until June to get serious once we're back in the big time.

Have to agree with this - and despite all the hate John had a sensational summer transfer window with all the signings being a success bar Casaedi - jury still out there, but he's only on loan. 

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

We need to be preparing for the Premier League next year and the year after that. Each window is important otherwise we could end up in a desperate situation.

We should definitely be getting some players in - this season has taught us to get business done early. Give Enzo whatever he wants and move on those he has no plans for. 

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

We need to be preparing for the Premier League next year and the year after that. Each window is important otherwise we could end up in a desperate situation.

We should definitely be getting some players in - this season has taught us to get business done early. Give Enzo whatever he wants and move on those he has no plans for. 

Should we be paying Premier League prices now?  It feels the most risky thing to do. I don't agree with bringing in championship level players right now unless we feel they have the ability to progress quickly. I think this is a very tough transfer window for us to get right.

I think we will see a bit of deadwood shifting (bloody hope so anyway), and the maybe a small amount of incomings. 

But i'm not expecting the big PL rebuild to start this month. 

Few outs, couple of prospects like the Wolfsburg CB and getting Fatawu lined up early would make a lovely window.

Still lots of dross on the payroll affecting our ability to be proactive in the transfer market. It was one of (a great number of) the factors that led to our relegation.

I’d hope we’re working as hard to move some players out as we are to bring players in. 5 goalkeepers is an obvious area, but getting Praet and one of the strikers off the books could help us greatly. 

Where do others see the priority areas? I’m thinking cover for midfield as I still live in fear of an injury to Winks or KDH 

Cannot see Rudders doing very much this window as he is very busy on other Tasks.  I have been told that he is not satisfied with the ChatGPT draft response to the Foxes Trust on what went wrong questions.

On 01/01/2024 at 15:03, Bryn said:

F..... hope that we manage to offload some of the dead weight hanging around...