Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

6 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Gonna be fun when he leaves and we get someone in who tries to play the same way but doesn't get results.

People still talking as if we're a small club with nothing.

I would imagine a lot of decent managers would like to manage us.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I guess the question is, would you prefer to see the 0-0 game we played against newcastle at St James last season, or the game we played last night? 

If its the Newcastle game, ask yourself why that might be.

Weird comparison. I prefered the 4-1 win against Spurs, or do I have to compare with only the Newcastle game?

• Thanks 1

I am pretty passionate about this as you can tell with my 100 odd posts on this topic 😂 I am a massive fan of Enzo and what he is doing, there is another point to factor in, most if not all the players have bought into his methods and talk passionately about his energy and focus ……. what do you think will happen if / when he leaves and we end up with one of the usual suspects in the job, and the wheels well and truly come off, but as long as get it forward quicker hey ho 

• Like 1

If the games is about tactically outthinking the opposition by passing and drawing players out of position then if you're watching that you're not going to be vocally backing the team, it seems to me that this style of play will result in a much quieter atmosphere for periods of time when this is taking place and sometimes that is quite a long time. 

It doesn't necessarily justify 'get it forwards' but I don't think you can expect a non-stop noisy atmosphere.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I would not be surprised if Enzo is no longer our manager in the next few weeks. 

Come on now, it would be career suicide to walk away when you are in this position. No one would employ him and risk it happening again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Basically I want the stadium to be rocking, the fans right behind the team. I'm pretty sure each and every one of us has that same want. 

Absolutely we do but the fans seemingly refuse to get right behind the team unless it's playing in the exact way they want it to, which I think is what Enzo is confused about. I'd have thought at a certain point people would go "you know what, it's not necessarily how I'd ideally want us to play but it's clearly working extremely well, the manager and players are all on board and on the same page, there's no reason why they would start doing things differently, maybe I'll just get on with supporting the team".

It's not up to Enzo or the boys to create the perfect conditions for supporters to support the team and even if it were, they would have done a very good job of doing so.

53 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Mate during lockdown I watched the Liverpool vs Newcastle game from 1996 which is considered a premier league class between two of the top teams in the league and I couldn't believe how bad it was. It makes me laugh when people wax lyrical about the Arsenal and Man United teams from the 90s and 00s when in truth the Man City team of today would rip them apart. 

Or bore them to death :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I would not be surprised if Enzo is no longer our manager in the next few weeks. 

Nah, not within the next few weeks. I wouldn't be too surprised if he's offered a job at a big club in Italy or Spain in the summer and jumps at it though.

11 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am pretty passionate about this as you can tell with my 100 odd posts on this topic 😂 I am a massive fan of Enzo and what he is doing, there is another point to factor in, most if not all the players have bought into his methods and talk passionately about his energy and focus ……. what do you think will happen if / when he leaves and we end up with one of the usual suspects in the job, and the wheels well and truly come off, but as long as get it forward quicker hey ho 

Why is this always the option?

People said this before we ended up with Enzo.

We are a big enough club to attract a decent manager.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if the West stand were throwing eggs and him, and singing baldy baldy play it long, he isn't walking out on a Championship title on his CV. Not a chance. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I understand he has told the club if they don’t do any business this window as he requested he will leave in the summer.

Why would he? He knew what he was signing up for. We never do much (like everyone) in January. 

Stop spouting rumours that are blatantly made up. 

• Like 1

The point about wanting a rocking stadium. Everyone does, at every club. The reality is very different, particularly in this country, and for many reasons… 

It doesn’t happen!

I’ve sat in the home end at Arsenal - my god that is way worse than the KP. Same with Man City (just listen to Pep!), or Man Utd. Even Liverpool after they’ve sung YNWA. This issue is not distinct to Leicester or the KP.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I dont think Enzo pulls the plug during the season. A promotion and one that is on course to be as convincing as this would be an incredible add to his CV. 

I can see him getting pissed off with the atmosphere, the middle manager director of football and man child owner that he leaves before the PL season starts. That is a genuine risk. 

He has come from a club which, despite its questionable behaviour is still very well ran. That can make the shock of the current Leicester leadership an even bigger shock. 

We should be buying into the philosophy we employed him for. That means everyone from the board, players and supporters. He is bringing success and its immediate success. You cant fault him on that. If he ever feels he hasnt got that, he just needs to time his exit right and he will get on some pretty decent jobs out there. Leaving in March/April on the verge of promotion would be based on bad advice and decision. 

6 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I understand he has told the club if they don’t do any business this window as he requested he will leave in the summer.

And after they were screwed over by rodgers I would expect them to show him the door …..

the board seem only able to operate in straight lines 

maybe they think potter would come if we’re a PL club (I doubt he would ) 

Edited by st albans fox

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why is this always the option?

People said this before we ended up with Enzo.

We are a big enough club to attract a decent manager.

Who do you class as a decent manager? I certainly don't think we'll be able to do any better than Jesse Marsch if Enzo goes

Away from his grievances with our matchday fire drills, surely his agent would have warned him regarding our incompetency, considering the agency/agent is the only one we deal with. He’ll stay till the end of the season but if there’s an opportunity to go at the end of the season, he will. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to Brighton.

Edited by westernpark
Clarification

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Weird comparison. I prefered the 4-1 win against Spurs, or do I have to compare with only the Newcastle game?

Suppose you could also pick from most of the other 38 rotting games that got us relegated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Top level sport is about winning and that is the source of the "entertainment", nothing more, IMO.

In most top level sports, yes. 

Don't think that's the case in football though. A lot of "entertainment" comes from things other than winning. In the past 10 years, even when not winning, we've had some other sort of interesting drama. Banter with friends, colleagues, off the pitch stuff, schadenfreude about rival teams misfortunes etc. Not just style of play, although that is also part of it. It is all entertainment.